Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

Great stuff! So, anytime I see what look like short leggings on GIs in photos they had cut them down? I had been trying to figure this out for a while.

Please let me know,

Thanks,

Capa

I like the USMC one, and the Airborne one, what ruck are you using in the USMC and do you have a LW in the Airborne one?

For the USMC pack it was a Packboard with a M1941 pack and shelter half attached, inspired by the picture of the landings at Da Nang.

For the 101st, it was indeed a lightwieght.

Okay, I couldn't resist, here's a picture of me in my favorite Reenactor pose, tanker without a tank. Please don't forget, I'm not a serious Reenactor, I'm more or less a Vet. poser, but I like to be a part of.

img5529ep6.jpg

These are some of the Swiss guys, they let me hang out with them, I guess they were brought up to "respect your elders", but the way we talk to each other, I'm not sure. One of the guys lives on the German border, next to the Rhine River, where we usally set up camp, we have done night patrols along the river in full combat gear, and weapons, if the police or border police discovered us, I probably wouldn't be writing this right now. And my favorite part, "zero dark thirty", camp fire, small BBQ, 1-10 beers, and a bunch of B.S., "just like a sore dong, can't beat it"! These guys jumped at an Event in Switzerland 2007, full combat gear and weapons, and I "think" they are going to jump with some Dutch Reenactors on the 65th D-Day Anniversary in Normandy. If you want to see some more pictures, let me know.

dsc02932zi6.jpg

dsc02933ac4.jpg

dsc02953wp1.jpg

dsc02954ku4.jpg

dsc02955fl0.jpg

dsc02956vt8.jpg

Okay, I couldn't resist, here's a picture of me in my favorite Reenactor pose, tanker without a tank. Please don't forget, I'm not a serious Reenactor, I'm more or less a Vet. poser, but I like to be a part of.

img5529ep6.jpg

:lol: :lol: This is usually at the end of every event of ours, and my personal favorite type of impression! :lol: :lol:

Hey 72newport, how's it goin'? I didn't know you did reenacting. Anyway, I think it's good to have an ol' fart like me in camp at an Event, while the others are out runnin' around showin' off, I'm back guarding the fort, as which you know, there's alot of money in equipment laying around, and as we chatted awhile back, I think I should be nominated in the Guiness Book of World Records, "pulling guard duty!

Pat

Our 517th group on the dropzones of Southern France.

pict0310.jpg

nice impression thumbsup.gif

when your doing US reenactments does everybody speak English for authenticity?

This was me on Memorial Day 2007. The city where I live has a nice program at the cemetery with many wreaths laid at the varoius monuments. I don't have the proper headgear for dress uniform so had to go with the kepi.

Greg

post-118-1232294591.jpg

General Apathy
Our 517th group on the dropzones of Southern France.

Hi Dogface, sorry to say my friend, too much camouflage to recognise you, where are you stood in the photo and don't say I'm the one in camo.

Let me know when your this way again, and say hi to you mom for me

Cheers ( Lewis )

Hello Bolo,

Unfortunately no. Level of English among French reenactors is quite poor as opposed to the great efforts they put up

to keep alive the memories of the US soldiers in France.

Thats the problem when we meet vets. The few English speaking guys can converse but

you always have a crowd of 50 guys around you asking "Qu'est-ce qu'il dit ?" - (What is he saying?).

Some guys do pretend sometimes being Americans (especially when they meet pretty Southern France girls).

It can lead to funny situations - Once we where all at a Glenn Miller Bal in Southern France and these 3 non English speaking reenactors

were pretending being American soldiers with 3 pretty French girls. I was watching the scene when suddenly one of the girls said in French "Oh here comes Cindy - her parents are American, she'll be our translator. You should have seen the guys' faces! One of them with a terrible French accent just said "Oh, we must go NOW!" - and they disappeared for the rest of the evening!

Hello Ken,

Good to hear from you! Im the guy (in camo) holding the guidon, juste behind the "5".

Here is a photo of me with a friend during the 517th commemorative marcheating a fig I just picked from

a tree.

Best regards Gilles

memo_410.jpg

Here a recent one of my impressions :- Member of the medical detactment HQ Company, 80th AAA, 82nd Airbourne

post-1040-1232300701.jpg

Taken by my wife ar a recent PR session

Civil War in Richmond with my daughter about 5 years ago, and at the filming of History Channel's "80 Acres of Hell" as a yankee 1st Sgt

post-4106-1232353563.jpg

post-4106-1232353572.jpg

The Brazilian Expeditionary Force

U.S. Fifth Army - U.S. IV Corps - 1º DIE (Infantry Division Expeditionary) - 6º Regimento Infantaria (Infantry Regiment) "Caçapava" (three battalions).

Two years ago!

IMGP0199.jpg

IMGP0165.jpg

IMGP0167.jpg

IMGP0173.jpg

IMGP0181.jpg

cpor006gu4.jpg

S6300912.jpg

S6301261.jpg

Hello Bolo,

Unfortunately no. Level of English among French reenactors is quite poor as opposed to the great efforts they put up

to keep alive the memories of the US soldiers in France.

Thats the problem when we meet vets. The few English speaking guys can converse but

you always have a crowd of 50 guys around you asking "Qu'est-ce qu'il dit ?" - (What is he saying?).

Some guys do pretend sometimes being Americans (especially when they meet pretty Southern France girls).

It can lead to funny situations - Once we where all at a Glenn Miller Bal in Southern France and these 3 non English speaking reenactors

were pretending being American soldiers with 3 pretty French girls. I was watching the scene when suddenly one of the girls said in French "Oh here comes Cindy - her parents are American, she'll be our translator. You should have seen the guys' faces! One of them with a terrible French accent just said "Oh, we must go NOW!" - and they disappeared for the rest of the evening!

Hello Ken,

Good to hear from you! Im the guy (in camo) holding the guidon, juste behind the "5".

Here is a photo of me with a friend during the 517th commemorative marcheating a fig I just picked from

a tree.

Best regards Gilles

memo_410.jpg

Hi Giles...nice t-shirt!! LOL...I think we're coming to Southern France in August, our trip to Italy was AWSOME, you sure did miss one hell of a trip!! I'll dig out some photos (their not on this computer) and post up...

When ye comin over to the UK? The new Gusville Saloon is up and running, and the barrack room will soon be finished, I take it Bruno has told you about Bushy?

Keep in touch

Yer mate

Paul

Here a recent one of my impressions :- Member of the medical detactment HQ Company, 80th AAA, 82nd Airbourne

post-1040-1232300701.jpg

Taken by my wife ar a recent PR session

Hi Matt,

Good to see you on here!

All badged up as NBB yet for Saturday?

Jon

fordmustanggt_350

This is the photo I took my avatar from. This was taken about 4 years ago of me and my closest friends when we were serving as the 2nd Battalion staff in the ACWA. This is my absolute favorite reenactor photo.

Kevin

post-2569-1233348509.jpg