Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

This is a photo of an Italian friend representing FSSF in Southern France.

Photos taken in Cannes 08.24.08.

I thought id share these since all the little details of the impression are great and typical FSSF in France!

dsc07868rf3.jpg

dsc07865ju1.jpg

we have a common friend my dear!

i know who is he!

we call him ''Baru'' :D i see him often with the reenacting group of ''Clemente'' ( http://www.normandy.it/ )

Hi Guys,

some great photos here!

Here are samples of our latest reenactments:

cedric10.jpg

1/11th Infantry Recon Platoon, 1st Bde 5th Inf Div, Vietnam 1970

im000510.jpg

Capt Smaldone (Commander Alpha Company,3rd Battalion, 7th Infantry, 199th Inf Bde), preparing the assault on the Phu Tho race track, Saigon Feb 1968 (yes, it is his real jacket)

img_5310.jpg

USMC pilot rescued by 37th ARRS, Da Nang 1969

img_5510.jpg

377th Security Police Squadron Law Enforcement Flight members checking the ID of a pretty Vietnamese worker, Tan Son Nhut gate, 1969

Reference Photos:

A series of photos taken in the jungles of Burma, 1944:

5307th_6.jpg

5307th_7.jpg

5307th_8.gif

Alright, I've shown you one of mine now let's see yours! ;)thumbsup.gif The impression can be of any time period of U.S. military history!

Kind Regards,

FRISCAN

The Marauders used 1st pattern HBT up to and including Ramgargh training centres,at Ramgargh they recieved 2nd pattern HBTs for the march.1st model 1 piece suits are spotted in original photos of the 5307th on the march but so far ive not found a snap of 1st pattern shirt or trousers.

Nice work though.I collect Marauders and MARS related stuff and have a thread in photos section

Revolution Rising

Here's my Civil War infantry impression. None of these pictures are very good... I'm hoping to get a tintype taken of just me.

Dress parade (I'm on the left):

2771394743_5be9b4dbf3.jpg

My regiment (I'm in the first row, third from the left)

2801361775_ac51a821ba.jpg

In the tent

2856876477_bbbbc6efc9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Union Civil War Surgeon after the Battles of South Mountain/Antietam, Sept 1862, inside the Middletown Church that was also used as a Field Hospital. (I did this one for 'Middletown Days' in 2006)

post-271-1223983928.jpg

I was getting ready to amputate the Cub Scouts leg. (LOL...gotta love the scouts, they'll volunteer for ANYthing)

I've been doing Civil War Medical since 2001, both Union and Confederate. Mostly Union these days. I work as a volunteer for the National Museum of Civil War Medicine, in Frederick Maryland.

• 2 months later...
General Apathy

post-344-1231000258.jpg

Hi Friscan & other posters, here is an impression I did a couple of years back, however the photo was taken outdoors today without flash, apologies for the reflection on the glass in the picture frame.

Everything in the photo is original equipment, non of the items are reproduction, all good, the M-42 jump suit is original camo painted but not reinforced.

Cheers ( Lewis )

Here's an impression of N Company Ranger RTO during a patrol, late 1969:

rangerkn9.jpg

and a 173rd Airborne Brigade PFC on a "VC bike" ;), 1965:

32969235zu4.jpg

They are some really good impressions!

Here are afew of mine, though, I seem to have very few good pics of me in kit....

US Marine 1965

(bit of a wooden shot, think I'd just got all the kit together)

marine65.jpg

L company Ranger, 101st ABN 1969/70

(Again not a great shot, I was on the way to load up the car after a show)

wales0714.jpg

101st ABN Line Infantryman 1968/69

(I think the best one I have, for a 101st display)

cvr040710.jpg

The bandoleer in the hem of the jacket is something I've not seen before. Interesting piece.

What's the square pouch under the rucksack?

a bit ate to reply but the pouches under the ruck are M1956 and M1967 canteen covers, one filled with a canteen and one with 20rd magazines

With the guys, in the Ardennes, Feb 08.

I'm kneeling at the front. Can not begin to tell you how kanckered we were after carrying two m1919a6's 18 miles around the Belgian countryside.

Experiences like that give me a total respect for what the guys did 60 odd years ago.

post-3282-1231276489.jpg

All webbing except bayonet original (can't find a decent priced original in the UK)

Wool shirt, mustards, leggings, original. Other uniform items repro.

Helmet, J Murray (and bloody great it is too)

Garand, postwar (H & R, 5 million something. Trigger guard replaced). Butchered, to comply with UK laws :(

I posted a couple photos of my Airdale impression early on in this thread. Here are two more. First shows me as a parachute rigger working on a harness in an AAF Personal Equipment Officer's equipment shack. The second shows me as diving officer on the USS Cod (the only WWII submarine in the US that is still in original WWII condition). A group of us serve as guides when the Cod does its big annual show.

post-81-1231298581.jpg

post-81-1231298594.jpg

These were some pictures I took to send to a vet who was in the Aredennes during the battle of the bulge, though my impression is set up for 5th Rangers E Co. Rifle is all SA 6-42 except the stock and sling. Uniform is all repro via at the front, I'm just too darn big for the originals.

DonWWII2.jpg

DonWWII9-1.jpg

DOnWWII8.jpg

They are some really good impressions!

Here are afew of mine, though, I seem to have very few good pics of me in kit....

US Marine 1965

(bit of a wooden shot, think I'd just got all the kit together)

marine65.jpg

L company Ranger, 101st ABN 1969/70

(Again not a great shot, I was on the way to load up the car after a show)

wales0714.jpg

101st ABN Line Infantryman 1968/69

(I think the best one I have, for a 101st display)

cvr040710.jpg

I like the USMC one, and the Airborne one, what ruck are you using in the USMC and do you have a LW in the Airborne one?