Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

I didn't see anyone else with the earlier stuff so here are a few of mine - Lieutenant of Infantry, CSA . Perryville Kentucky October 8th, 1862

I'm with the 5th Texas, Co. A, now serving as the adjutant of the Jeff Davis Rifles Bttn.

post-176867-0-76361100-1520739882_thumb.jpg

I didn't see anyone else with the earlier stuff so here are a few of mine - Lieutenant of Infantry, CSA . Perryville Kentucky October 8th, 1862

I'm with the 5th Texas, Co. A, now serving as the adjutant of the Jeff Davis Rifles Bttn.

very nice m1903, congratulations! In Brazil it is not very common to reenacting the nineteenth century (except Confederates Party in Santa Bárbara do Oeste - São Paulo), but a friend is doing a loadout of the War of Paraguay 1864 - 1870 (Guerra do Paraguai), so be ready I will put some photos.

• 1 month later...

I don't think I've posted these before, but they're from an event with the Museum of Flight's B-17, before she was flown for the final time to Seattle, sitting in a hangar at Renton, WA at the time.

I'm far right in the first photo and front row far right in the second:

40829673484_7a261d96ef_z.jpg

40648145345_bca14d4d07_z.jpg

I haven't worn my AAF impression since this event but I still have it all...

Here's a few more early ones. I reenacted the Civil War back in the 1980s and 1990s. I was living in south central Michigan at the time (Battle Creek - Kalamazoo area). The first photo is me portraying a member of the 24th Michigan Infantry Regiment of the Army of the Potomac's famed "Iron Brigade." This photo was taken with period equipment and processes at the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village during a living history encampment my unit participated in. It was finished as a tintype with the image reversed, just as would have been the case during the Civil War.

Myself and about seven friends started up the 24th Michigan reenactment group around this time. I'm pleased to say the group is still active though it's been many years since I participated with them.

post-61052-0-93563100-1524528728.jpg

post-61052-0-43212600-1524529398_thumb.jpgAnother tintype with myself and two friends from the 24th Michigan reenactment group. Here we've forsaken the distinctive Hardee hats of the Iron Brigade and donned kepis/forage caps to portray a more generic Union impression. On the left is John Hughes, center is Larry Maxwell, and myself on the right. Sorry for the low resolution of this image, I moved a few years ago and the tintype image is still tucked away in a yet-to-be-found box! I only have an old low res scan handy at the moment!

Finally, I also was a member of Battery C, First Michigan Light Artillery during my reenacting years. This photo was taken at the 125th Anniversary of the Battle for Atlanta.

I'm the fourth person from the right, facing left toward the battery commander and pulling on the cannon's lanyard.

post-61052-0-83176000-1524529739_thumb.jpg

jakelives

I'm the tall guy on the far right. I'm with B Co. 100th Infantry Battalion 442nd Regimental Combat Team Reenactment Group as a photographer from the 3131st Signal Photographic Company.This is from last year's training exercise in Uji, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan, which was based on the July 1944 attack on Hill 140 near Castillena, Italy. For the reenactment we had wehrmacht reenactors in dug-in positions on a hillside that we assaulted at 0400. I wrote about it in Reenacting America's Nisei Soldiers In Japan. This was my first time going out and participating in a reenactment.

170604-97-1.jpg

Frogskin7

I wouldn't call this an "Impression" as I don't reenact but here is me wearing an Original Paramarine Utility with an Original M1.

post-173712-0-75387500-1525821050.jpeg

General Colt

I'm the tall guy on the far right. I'm with B Co. 100th Infantry Battalion 442nd Regimental Combat Team Reenactment Group as a photographer from the 3131st Signal Photographic Company.This is from last year's training exercise in Uji, Kyoto Prefecture, Japan, which was based on the July 1944 attack on Hill 140 near Castillena, Italy. For the reenactment we had wehrmacht reenactors in dug-in positions on a hillside that we assaulted at 0400. I wrote about it in Reenacting America's Nisei Soldiers In Japan. This was my first time going out and participating in a reenactment.

170604-97-1.jpg

Great looking impression Jakelives! The 3131st is definitely one of the most underrepresented SPC's in the army.

• 1 month later...

Some more, used a "aging" app on phone to give them an old feel. I brought my 18 year old Nephew to this event so his baby face really fit the time.....

post-168937-0-48065300-1529329710_thumb.jpg

Not an impression as such, but a display (I didn't think to get anyone to take a photo of me)...

This past weekend, my living-history group put on a large WW2 display at the Olympia (WA) air show. The second day, I brought out my war correspondent stuff, which the public really liked (the first day, I had my Ordnance display)

My Jeep is the second to the right in this lineup (out of the shot to the right was a Chevy 1.5-ton and GMC 2.5-ton trucks)

42878277071_0240da8488_z.jpg

29006375538_d5ce763800_z.jpg

29006376358_fe2f86d714_z.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...