Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

4th NJ Infantry down on the boarder.

Taken at the 100th anniversary event at Pancho Villa State park in Columbus, NM a few weekends ago. Hell of a road trip from NJ but well worth it!

post-97349-0-70559500-1458607007.jpg

Fantastic !

4th NJ Infantry down on the boarder.

Taken at the 100th anniversary event at Pancho Villa State park in Columbus, NM a few weekends ago. Hell of a road trip from NJ but well worth it!

• 1 month later...

his may put some of you to sleep.

Horse Platoon,16th Constabulary Sqn.

Grunewald Forest,1949

Everything is TO and E for the horse platoon from 1946 to 1950,including the machete. The machete was issued one per mounted man. The MOS 9745 trooper is not issued a bayonet but rather an M3 trench knife in M8a1 scabbard although i am yet to find a photo of one in use by a horse trooper.

Everything is original.

If you any questions please holler.

Anyone else doing Constabulary or early Cold War?

post-2473-0-13614600-1462184157.jpg

post-2473-0-34923100-1462184223.jpg

post-2473-0-55486700-1462184749.jpg

2ad82recon

Sam

Your attention to detail and impressions and specifics to horse troops are legendary stuff

Keep up the good work

regards

Lloyd

Sam

Your attention to detail and impressions and specifics to horse troops are legendary stuff

Keep up the good work

regards

Lloyd

Thanks fella.

I feel like a one trick pony (no pun intended). It feels like i am pi$$ing to the wind but i push on.

The horse soldier is not my only interest but in recent years i had to purge all the other stuff,money and space being non-negotiable with the misses so out went the extra stuff.

It is mainly good fun and i have been fortunate enough to meet and chat with some of the last horse soldiers including a cavalry trained mue skinner and CBI veteran by the name of Lester Hollenback.

Thanks again

Sam

P.S Lloyd i have a great Normandy era photo of the 82nd Recon (B Coy) PM me and i will zap it over to you.

• 3 months later...

I like it! Here is my incomplete photo of my Desert Storm "impression".

Andrew

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/#EMO_DIR#/laugh.png

Oh yeah, I need to get some combat boots!

You only have the PASGT vest cover. The real thing is very bulky and woodland camo, hence the need for a desert cover.

No Juan they are not from the FURY film, these photos are from 2nd Armored in Europe Commemorative trips to France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Czechoslovakia where we try to make the events as close to the experience of the WW2 Armored soldier as we can - without hopefully killing anyone ! We have portrayed 2nd/3rd/4th/6th/9th/10th/16th Armored at various timesattachicon.gif a23.jpg

Was it hard to get your units vehicles over to Europe (If they are owned by your unit).

No Juan they are not from the FURY film, these photos are from 2nd Armored in Europe Commemorative trips to France, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany and Czechoslovakia where we try to make the events as close to the experience of the WW2 Armored soldier as we can - without hopefully killing anyone ! We have portrayed 2nd/3rd/4th/6th/9th/10th/16th Armored at various timesattachicon.gif a23.jpg

Was it hard to get your units vehicles over to Europe (If they are owned by your unit).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My impression: Army Nurse of the 9th Evacuation Hospital in Tunisia, North Africa. March 1943.

Blue seersucker hospital dresses were issued only to nurses deployed or being deployed overseas for medical duty.
Under wartime field conditions, women were required to have their helmets on most of the time. Here, a fixed bail M1 helmet is being worn with the fibre Hawley liner.
White stockings and white oxford shoes were prescribed for the blue hospital dress. In reality, however, nurses often chose to wear socks and flat shoes which proved much more adequate for the rough African terrain. Such exceptions to uniform regulations could be authorized by local hospital unit commanders.
Lipstick was used to keep the lips moist in the hot sun.

post-105115-0-50665100-1506366571_thumb.jpg

post-105115-0-42582200-1506366580_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have not posted here for many years. Time to change that.

Brazilian Expeditionary Forces,

The Brazilian 1st Division of the BEF was subordinate to the Allied 15th Army group under Field Marshal Harold Alexander (later succeeded by General Mark Clark, via the US 5th Army of Lieutenant General Mark Clark (later succeeded by Lieutenant General Truscott) and the US IV Corps of Major General Crittenberger.

post-284-0-52024900-1519328136_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...