Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

My living history group usually puts on a Holiday party in December, and this year we did something different, in that we all went to a old 1920s movie theater (the Fox Theater in Centralia, WA) for a movie afterward. They're in the process of a very long restoration but they're well on their way.

My wife had said she was just gonna wear a normal dress but totally surprised me by coming home from a shopping trip that morning with a reproduction 40s dress and having her hair done in a 40s style, something she'd never even talked about doing before.

It looks like there is a spear coming out of your neck.

If you take that out it would look like there is not a spear coming out of your neck.

It ruins the picture completely for me.

I have shown this to many friends and some like the spear coming out of your neck, however some agreed with me that if you could improve the picture by removing the spear coming out of your neck,.

It looks like there is a spear coming out of your neck.

If you take that out it would look like there is not a spear coming out of your neck.

It ruins the picture completely for me.

I have shown this to many friends and some like the spear coming out of your neck, however some agreed with me that if you could improve the picture by removing the spear coming out of your neck,.

kammo-man you loveable scamp!

Johan, I love the little triangle on the back of the Jeep, something hardly anyone would notice as a sign of that unit.

I remember one year at the Indiantown Gap (PA) Bulge re-enactment, there was an entire unit of 'German' re-enactors with Skorzeny unit GI impressions registering at the same time I was, but I never encountered them or saw what they looked like in the field. Would have been cool to have run into them if they'd been wearing the blue markings, to see if any other GI re-enactors would have noticed.

Also the belt not being centered is a common mistake.

Actually that was purely intentional. I have hundreds of photos of civilian war correspondents in pinks/greens and one constant I have seen in the majority of them is that they really paid no attention to their gig line.

As a former Army officer, it goes against my nature as I even do that with my civilian clothes, but I try to do the practices used by my impressions as well.

As for that handrail, I totally didn't notice it at all until you brought it up. The way the lighting changes substantially into the back corner where it goes, I don't see me photoshopping that out as I'd have to completely change that entire wall behind me to the upper left, which would be pretty obvious.

Johan, I love the little triangle on the back of the Jeep, something hardly anyone would notice as a sign of that unit.

I remember one year at the Indiantown Gap (PA) Bulge re-enactment, there was an entire unit of 'German' re-enactors with Skorzeny unit GI impressions registering at the same time I was, but I never encountered them or saw what they looked like in the field. Would have been cool to have run into them if they'd been wearing the blue markings, to see if any other GI re-enactors would have noticed.

Actually that was purely intentional. I have hundreds of photos of civilian war correspondents in pinks/greens and one constant I have seen in the majority of them is that they really paid no attention to their gig line.

As a former Army officer, it goes against my nature as I even do that with my civilian clothes, but I try to do the practices used by my impressions as well.

As for that handrail, I totally didn't notice it at all until you brought it up. The way the lighting changes substantially into the back corner where it goes, I don't see me photoshopping that out as I'd have to completely change that entire wall behind me to the upper left, which would be pretty obvious.

It just ruins it for me.

In fact it just spoils the entire thread.

You should do a re shoot

Johan Willaert

J ,

You win with the B-17 hands down !

o

Thanks Owen!

Picture was taken at a 1991 warbirds event....

Spent a great day in and around vintage planes...

Johan Willaert

Hey Lee,

I was wondering whether or not someone would notice that detail...

Not visible on the B/W picture is my blue scarve and second coat button undone... ;)

Picture was taken near the Baugnez crossroads in 1989 during a weekend where we traced the 1944 German advance route in the Northern Ardennes...

Glad you like it!

Here's another one dating back to my RE days.... Theme was Germany, April 1945...

I'm the one taking aim with the M1 Carbine in the background...

Johan,

I always thought this to be one of the best we ever did, considering the loads of picture we ever made.

I still have an old printed version, which looks very battered after all these years.

Guy

Johan Willaert

Johan,

I always thought this to be one of the best we ever did, considering the loads of picture we ever made.

I still have an old printed version, which looks very battered after all these years.

Guy

Yes, Guy.... the ones from that event are all great... will scan some more next week...

Meanwhile I've always liked this one too.... You on the right, me on the left...

post-92-0-98689000-1450638268.jpg

Yes, Guy.... the ones from that event are all great... will scan some more next week...

Meanwhile I've always liked this one too.... You on the right, me on the left...

Yeah, they came close that day........ 97th division series ?

Guy

• 3 months later...

503rd PIR sometime in 1944

While in Australia the regiment made good use of the Pattern 37 basic pouch.

Aside from the fibreglass M1 and the post war boots everything is original.

post-2473-0-16247200-1458553004.jpg

post-2473-0-39469300-1458553018.jpg

post-2473-0-78827300-1458553034.jpg

503rd PIR sometime in 1944

While in Australia the regiment made good use of the Pattern 37 basic pouch.

Aside from the fibreglass M1 and the post war boots everything is original.

Forgot to mention the helmet and also forgot to razzle dazzle you with the details.

I made a phonie St Clair liner with bits and bobs from JMurray.

Felt shoulder pads,second canteen and a machete would be the cherry on top.

post-2473-0-98270600-1458553387.jpg

post-2473-0-06470000-1458553409.jpg