Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

General Patton checks his camera while conferring with a 503rd MP Battalion First Sergeant prior to heading to the front lines to observe the 3rd Army advance during the Lorraine Campaign in September of 1944. Denny Hair as General George S. Patton and myself as the 503rd MP Bn 1SG. This photo was taken at the Midway Village WWII event in September of 2014 in Rockford Illinois.

Wayne

post-3743-0-73762700-1443757717.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a photo from 3rd Army Historical Society's School of the Soldier this past weekend. A Captain leads the defense of a perimeter...

A special thanks to Ray175INF for the Schleuter helmet shell and Johnny Costino for the Hawley Liner.

Wayne

post-3743-0-77812800-1447094588.jpg

The location is the Museum of 20th Century Warfare at Fort Benjamin Harrison State Park in Indiana. Every year they have the boyscouts come out to help improve the trench system a bit more. It's a protected site so no digging, so they have to build above ground and backfill. It really looks awesome.

I love the location, so neat to have a place to shoot that looks the part!

Here is another shot of the 2015 School of the Soldier at the Museum of 20th Century Warfare, Fort Ben Harrison State park, Indiana showing trench clearing operations. The entire complex has trenches, bunkers and hidey holes built in.

post-3743-0-57231000-1447214379.jpg

I like the first photo, what abandoned RR was that taken on?

I couldn't tell you not much of it still remains as far as where I was standing. This was taken around the city of Waxahachie, Texas if it helps any.

PFC of the 1/141 Infantry Regiment (of which I am really a part) and girlfriend, late 1941.

attachicon.gif12246979_1159893970688131_6315033552834076465_n.jpg

Sam,

Great photo! You and your girlfriend's impressions are very good, and you're both exactly the right ages (and sizes) for the part. Very good background, too (it's a steel caboose but some railroads were building them from steel by '41, and it'd look new like that one does) and a good pose. I would only suggest you turn this photo to b/w or sepia to disguise some of the modern landscaping elements in the foreground, and then it'd be extremely difficult to tell that it is a modern photo.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job on aging the pic. If you don't mind saying, what did you use to age it?

Sure, it's no military secret. I use GIMP photo editing program. It's free to download and there are many videos on You Tube how to use it. It is a win win situation.

My living history group usually puts on a Holiday party in December, and this year we did something different, in that we all went to a old 1920s movie theater (the Fox Theater in Centralia, WA) for a movie afterward. They're in the process of a very long restoration but they're well on their way.

My wife had said she was just gonna wear a normal dress but totally surprised me by coming home from a shopping trip that morning with a reproduction 40s dress and having her hair done in a 40s style, something she'd never even talked about doing before.

post-2617-0-74528900-1449506407.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Robby, that's a great photo but I noticed that it looks like you're wearing an officer's helmet (vertical stripe on the back) with either Staff of Tech SGTs stripes on your overcoat?

Also, there's a modern security light housing in the upper right portion of the photo, if you cropped that out there'd be nothing modern at all there...