Lets See Your Impressions!

FRISCAN

Thanks for the kind words 2ad82recon

I seem to pretty good at shutting down threads.

Well spotted on the trench knife.

The blokes with the halftrack may be from the 1st Armored.

Noone seems to know and the bloke that found the picture cant recall the caption.

As you may know i collect mainly horse and mule stuff so this ipression was justa happy accident.

Regards

Sam

Hey 124th great half track crew picture...i can see where "Brad" got his mojo for Furys "Wardaddy" now..:-) nice M1918 MK1 "Knucks" knife on the leg of his cav boots

Regards

LLoyd

No problem Sam credit where credit is due...i just love studying details in photos its the only way to get our impressions right,its just ive never seen that photo before.

Regards

Lloyd

Is that in your collection?!?!

-Dave

Hah! I wish! Nah, I was outbid on that one - the seller didn't even know the significance of it either! Thankfully I saved the pics....

Hi Sam - have you noticed the armflag-on-gas-brassard being worn in that original pic?

It's like this one:

Yep

Spotted that,i just dont have real or otherwise....

Note also what looks to belt pads on the suspenders too.

The helmet is worn on the gas mask bag while the trooper grooms his mount.

The 112th wore a mix of coveralls and 1st model HBT two piece suits with a mix of daisy may hats and caps.

Campaign hats went overseas but aside from parades and guard detail didn't see much bush time.

post-2473-0-16691500-1417493595.jpg

Another trooper from the 112th

This time a rifle man.

Everything in the photo is original and pre 1943 dated.

Not visible is the 1917 revolver holster.

The 112th had a high percentage of revolvers.

post-2473-0-93858300-1417493867.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, as a newby it is time for a picture, only I don't have any recent pictures of me in a uniform within the scope of this forum. So I dug these old ones up.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/Grenadierke/Gouvy1983.jpg

It was taken in 1981, on route to the Ardens, again.

In those days, we still wore the original gear and uniforms. I believe I'm still wearing a Belgian army helmet at the time though.

Note the 29th division patch, which very soon became my favourite division to portray in those days.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb217/Grenadierke/1-3-2013_027.jpg

This picture was taken in 1988 at a public event. Again focus on the 29th division, with group members vehicles and tac signs to the 121st combat engineers.

Days long gone I'm afraid.

Guy

No, helas. I only had 1 Ike jacket, that was also named, with original 29th patch but I have no documentation anymore. Back in those days you could pick up original M41 jacket at low price, and sewn your own patch on them, which was common practice. I had quite a number of original 29th patches too. Have only a few left now.

Guy

Dave, unfortunately I sold my entire US 1917-1918 / 1940 - 1945 collection 20 years ago, including Jeep and Dodge. So I have no idea were the IKE jacket ended up.

Guy

• 2 weeks later...
yellowjacketmustang

Another photo from Oshkosh last year. Looking forward to another great one this year as they commemorate the 70th anniversary of the end of WWII.

P-40 pilot

325th FG

North Africa

post-153000-0-31425200-1423983066.jpg

Nice that they let you into the Mustang. I've gotten to do that few times in the past but it isn't common that a P-51 owner will let you into the cockpit...

• 1 month later...