Need Help identifying US Air Force gloves

c7zx

Hi to members, I recently purchased a P-3 Flight helmet and these gloves came with the grouping. Brown leather palms and tanish cloth backs.

Can anyone tell me if they are the correct 50's era and what they might be? Any info appreciated, c7zx.

.post-153088-0-17139800-1411181124.jpg

they look like typical work gloves for ground crews. Not 100% sure, but that's the impression.

At least flight gloves should have a longer, well defined wristlets.

They might be the mosquito gloves that were part of some survival kits. They had a long wrist piece that extended up the forearm that appears to have been removed

I believe Survival is correct , they are the type K-1 mosquito gloves adopted in late 1945. The gloves were integral to the K-1 flight suit and as part of the set the Type K-2 Jungle cap. Their development was an attempt to streamline integrating the components of the C-1 vest into a flying suit for jungle terrain.

Thanks Dustin and Survival. I researched the K-1 mosquito gloves and looks like a match with the long wrist piece very nicely removed. I think that these may have been rigger modified for use by the pilot whose P-3 helmet they came with. ( Notice the color variation in stitching ). Thanks again, c7zx

post-153088-0-17479200-1411231420.jpg