The Uncommon Desert MOLLE 1

PriorityOne

Just got this off Ebay with some other stuff to resell (assault pack, pouches, ect.), but I am going to keep this stuff. There is a thread that really didn't have an answer to if this stuff actually existed, well, I guess it does!

Old thread talking a little about this stuff....

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/47735-desert-molle/?hl=%2Bdesert+%2Bmolle

post-153263-0-45277900-1411090919.jpg

This is actually all MOLLE II gear and it isn't uncommon at all. It was used by a number of units in OIF before the switch to UCP. The 3-Color MOLLE gear was issued through the Rapid Fielding Initiative around 2005, if I remember right.

Agree with B229, But I know that the Army was issuing UCP through the RFI by May 2005. I think the DCU pattern gear was issued Mid 2003 - Early 2005 until the UCP switch was made.

Actually it is not common. More common DCU FLC is in later model (with zipper). Personally I have never seen DCU FLC without zipper in person.

USAF PJs were seen wearing those vests in 2002-03.

The two rare parts are the no-zipper FLC, and the mag pouches, which are the early type with the snap. Both very uncommon in desert. You usually only find the zippered FLC and the velcro closure mag pouches in 3-color desert.

Good find!

yes, it is the less common variant, the early molle 2. the next model (FLC with zipper, new design ammo pouches and such) are more common.

It is easily recognizable by their DAAK60-97 contract instead the more modern SP0100-04 encountered on the later ones.

Nice catch...i have the complete pack system too, but not the pistol pouches (which were an extra set, like the grenadier kit).

I stand corrected. I actually didn't even notice it was the first version MOLLE II without the zipper and the mag pouches with the snaps. Honestly, when you've seen enough big piles of this stuff, you stop paying much attention to the details. I may be off on the dates too. Just going from memory on that one.

I accually looked over the MOLLE II on the tag because i was so focused on the early MOLLE contract number. :wacko: Why would these have MOLLE 2 tags on MOLLE 1 contact number tags? Also, when did they stop using the black buckles?