70 Years Old (Garand)

Ronald

sweet guns!! - I have both (my Garand in dated 1943 and my inland carbine 1944) and they are great to shoot at the range.

Also people at the range ALWAYS want to look at these 2 iconic guns!!

I always like seeing the Springfield Armory produced M1's - My Father grew up near the Armory and my Grandfather sold machine tools to the Armory - And my Great Aunt who is 96 was an Inspector at the Armory during WWII

Thanks for showing - It should last 70++++ more years because they just don't make them like they used to!!

Bill

Thanks all

I purchased it 30 years to give my Dad. I thouhgt he would appreciate it. He did,but also let me know he had had enough carrying one across Europe in WW2!

Barrel is still good. I never fire any of my WW2 collectables.

I let my M1 do my talking. Nice rifle. How does she shoot? What shape is the barrel in with a 1944 date on it? Mine was rebarreled in 54.

Thanks for the comments. I will probably just put them back into the case. I have also been thinking of putting them on Gunbroker along with the USGI Ordnance Colt Detective Specials but then think about how difficult it is to find them in good condtion. Before that happens, I will have to research values. (not a FS ad!)