Spanish American War / WWI Medal Find and Help

ABNNBC

My Sister-in-Law bought an old trunk and tucked in a hidden draw were the medals pictured below. They were all wrapped up together. My first thought was they might all belong to the same fellow who served in the Philippines during the Spanish American War and was still in the Army during WWI, but the inclusion of the Marine Corps marksmanship badge tends to discount that theory. To at least prove that two of the medals, and probably the MOS medal, belonged to the same solder, can someone please look up the Philippine campaign medal and SAWVM? The numbers are:

Philippine campaign No 3739

SpanAm Vet Medal 80128

post-11469-0-37344600-1410958658.jpg

That pattern Marksman badge was originally used by both the Army and Marine Corps....the Army stopped using it around 1921 I believe.....also, numbers on the SpanAm veterans medals aren't traceable.

Mark sends

the Philippine Campaign medal No 3739 was issued to R R Patterson, Private 2nd Prison Company, bear I mind that this was the unit of assignment when he was issued the medal.

There was a Robert R. Patterson who enlisted on 21 March, 1900...he was born in 1874 and was a musician in civilian life. It looks like his hometown was Inverness, OH (?), and he enlisted in Canton OH.

Mark sends

Well the trunk was bought from a gentleman who years ago owned an antique store about 2 hours South of Canton, so it's plausible that might be the guy. Thanks

That would not be cool if she sold them to a complete stranger rather than a family member,

At high retail there is probably @ $300 in medals there,

Kurt