Sign in to follow this  
ODA021

WW1 epidemic medal and ribbon

post-505-1214382615.jpgpost-505-1214382606.jpg

Hey guys,

I need some help Id'ing this medal and the purple ribbon with the rosette. I found a similiar medal listed as a 1919 influenza epidemic medal but its not exactly the same. unfortunately im not in a place to take a photo of the back of the medal with the guy's name. He was a doctor in france during this time frame. thanks for your help. dave

post-505-1214382615.jpgpost-505-1214382606.jpg

Hey guys,

I need some help Id'ing this medal and the purple ribbon with the rosette. I found a similiar medal listed as a 1919 influenza epidemic medal but its not exactly the same. unfortunately im not in a place to take a photo of the back of the medal with the guy's name. He was a doctor in france during this time frame. thanks for your help. dave

The purple ribbon (right) looks like the Order of Academic Palms, Officer.

-Ski

In Memory Of......
Pte Harold Griffiths, 1805, 1/6th Manchester Regt, KIA June 4th, 1915 in Gallipoli
Cpl Isaac Judges, 40494, 6th East Yorkshire Regt, KIA October 3rd, 1917 in Ypres
May they rest in peace.....

MSgt - USAF Retired

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,

Chris / ADMIN

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.