USN undress blue jumper

5amp

Hi all ! looking for advise regarding the US Navy Enlisted Mans undress blue jumper during the Vietnam war , specifically the regulations of wearing of ribbons and qualification badges. I know that the dress blue jumper wore the decorations in either ribbons on the left chest or medals on the left chest and ribbons on the right. Not sure whether the undress jumper did wear decorations?

Cheers Pete

Pretty sure ribbons weren't to be worn on the undress blues. I do have my USS Johnston undress blues displayed with ribbons, however, simply because of the unbelievable story of the ship. No way will I let that man's Purple Heart and the ship's PUC go unrecognized when I do a display.

I know that the dress blue jumper wore the decorations in either ribbons on the left chest or medals on the left chest and ribbons on the right. Not sure whether the undress jumper did wear decorations?

The undress blue was classified as a working uniform, so no ribbons or badges.

Couple of things. On the DRESS BLUE jumper, ribbons were worn 1/4 inch above the left pocket. When medals are worn, they go 1/4 inch over the left pocket. Ribbons that DO NOT HAVE MEDALS are worn on the right.

During the VN era, the undress blue jumper was worn with a only sewn on insignia, rating badge, service stripes, UIM, and any sewn marks or designators the wearer was qualified to wear, such as the Battle Efficiency "E". I wore all that (except service stripes as the jumper was abolished before I rated one). My father on the other hand only ever wore his rating badge. He retired after 20 years and only wore his EM1 crow and nothing else. I asked him about it and he said it was a working uniform, that stuff didn't matter

Thanks for the replies guys it helps me out a lot ! I have a Undress Blue jumper from a member of SEAL Team One, that is fully badged but I wasn't sure weather or not this would have worn the Trident,wings and ribbons ! Regards Pete