Modified Military Jackets

Nkomo

post-159963-14415658605125.jpg

This is my personal shirt from 2005/2006. Pockets were modified at the small Afghan run sewing shop at Orgun-E. Theater made 173rd patch was purchased and sewn on at an Afghan run shop at Salerno.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Woodland BDU set used by MARSOC and modified in Afghanistan by an Afghan tailor. Not entirely sure of the time period, but I am going to say around 2011 to 2012. Bought directly from veteran.

20151031_173211 (1).jpg

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1441565858.572898.jpg

This is my personal shirt from 2005/2006. Pockets were modified at the small Afghan run sewing shop at Orgun-E. Theater made 173rd patch was purchased and sewn on at an Afghan run shop at Salerno.

Chief_919

I was just looking at the jacket and I don't really recognize the unit patch on the left sleeve. What unit is that, and is it active duty, National Guard, Reserve? Thanks

Chief_919

I was just looking at the jacket and I don't really recognize the unit patch on the left sleeve. What unit is that, and is it active duty, National Guard, Reserve? Thanks

Thats the 81st Division...Wildcats.Severed in WW1 and WW2 later reserve unit.

Doyler,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a quick check on the history of the 81st Division and even though it is a Reserve Support Command, there is no mention of the Command being activated for OEF/OIF/OND. I am theorizing that the jacket belonging to a individual that was augmented in support of OEF/OIF, but still allowed to wear the 81st Division patch while in country and not a in country command the person was initially assigned to?

I say this because since OIF/OEF/OND the rules/regulations on uniforms and what soldiers can or can't wear has become a bit blurred. Thanks

Doyler,

Thanks for the quick reply. I did a quick check on the history of the 81st Division and even though it is a Reserve Support Command, there is no mention of the Command being activated for OEF/OIF/OND. I am theorizing that the jacket belonging to a individual that was augmented in support of OEF/OIF, but still allowed to wear the 81st Division patch while in country and not a in country command the person was initially assigned to?

I say this because since OIF/OEF/OND the rules/regulations on uniforms and what soldiers can or can't wear has become a bit blurred. Thanks

It belonged to the actual original poster. Probably worth shooting him a PM and ask him in regards to his unit's postings.

• 1 month later...
MilRGRHistory

I posted these in the DCU thread but they probably belong here. I have an ERDL modified jacket and several 75th modified BDUs I will post at some point. Here are some of my 75th modified DCUs and my recent 82nd pick up.

post-153545-0-70420300-1455083321.jpg

post-153545-0-34531900-1455083333.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Sadly I do not have any modded uniforms to share but I have a few pics of modded 6 color desert uniforms I found on the internet. Perhaps you have seen them since 2008 nkomo, 2 also show people wearing ones that look like your modded MG rig.

post-153751-0-56909800-1456111465.jpg

Looks like this is a lower pocket because of how big it is.

This looks like the MG rig nkomo has.

Anybody know why he has an M1 Garand?

post-153751-0-02940600-1456111497.jpg

This one I cropped from a larger image, IIRC it was SFOD-D in Mogadishu from 60 minutes but I cannot find the video. The face in blocked out because I retrieved it from a forum with very strict PERSEC rules, wish I could find the original.

MilRGRHistory

Your top photo is most likely a SEAL w/ an M14. Your next photo is probably SFOD-D but from the Gulf War. SFOD-D wore three color desert in Somalia. All of your other photos are most likely SEALs.

Cap,

First off, thanks for adding these great reference photos to this thread. Excellent reference photos of not only modified 6 color jackets, but great photos of gear as well.

As to Mil's comment above, I think he is spot on with his assessment. Thanks to both of you.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Your top photo is most likely a SEAL w/ an M14. Your next photo is probably SFOD-D but from the Gulf War. SFOD-D wore three color desert in Somalia. All of your other photos are most likely SEALs.

Thank you.

On the topic of 6 color desert vs 3 color desert in Somalia

post-153751-0-66646300-1456196946.jpg

Are these soldiers 75th Ranger Regiment, SFOD-D, or something else?

They have T G Faust Body Armor but PASGT helmets.

MilRGRHistory

Thank you.

On the topic of 6 color desert vs 3 color desert in Somalia

attachicon.gif 8WJl7gW.jpg

Are these soldiers 75th Ranger Regiment, SFOD-D, or something else?

They have T G Faust Body Armor but PASGT helmets.

These guys are all 75th guys. This was most likely taken prior to or after one of several missions occurring prior to OCT 3rd. Interesting story about body armor in Somalia, at the time, each Company had a DA platoon that had body armor while everyone else had flak. In order to get enough body armor for the whole Company, the other platoons stateside had to give up theirs. I know a handful of Ranger vets who said the guys from the Unit treated them well...as there were a lot of friendly faces among both groups. That being said, there was equipment sharing that went on...this most likely explains the body armor and number of suppressors in this photo.

I see these at thrift stores. Usually with nothing on them. I usually pass them up until I came across this one. I had to buy it.

post-161546-0-86761900-1456974005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
MilitaryPicker1941

Here are a couple of modified shirts I have

This one has Arabic embroidery where the name tape was, and almost all the other patches were removed (army tape was added by me)

post-111785-0-81538600-1457887861.jpg

post-111785-0-65908200-1457887913.jpg