Modified Military Jackets

Nkomo

Flashes that modded 6-color is sweet! I've never seen one with either the arm pockets or the slanted ones until now.

Again not mine but came in the post today to a friend, modded 3 colour shirt with added under armour style shirt, still has the T-shirt collar inside and no pockets.

post-117117-0-63238600-1434030472.jpg

Again not mine but came in the post today to a friend, modded 3 colour shirt with added under armour style shirt, still has the T-shirt collar inside and no pockets.

Am I reading this right, there are no sleeve pockets? Very interesting.

PriorityOne

Not modified in the traditional sense but here is a 2005 contract ACU by DJ Manufacturing which has been dyed dark gray green for use by Special Operations Forces. The dye darkening of the jacket is the only modification. This jacket and another that is identical were obtained by a fellow forum member from one of the shops near Fort Bragg. I am told (independent of the jacket's source) that these dyed garments have been used in Afghanistan by US Special Forces operators. I'm also told that in addition to the gray/green other colors exist as well. If anyone here has further would be interested ......

attachicon.gif1_095.jpgattachicon.gif1_096.jpg

Here's an example I bought from another forum member. This one is a dyed brighter green. I see and outline of patches and flag on the pocket velcro, it must of been dyed with the patches on, to me it looks like a rectangle-ish patch with a tab, maybe 173rd or 82nd. Any ideas?

post-153263-0-14084100-1434659206.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

hey all,

Another one from a guys collection that i know, this fairly kooky heavily modded non rip stop DCU shirt is attributed to an ex Aussie SF guy from early Iraq.

It went through a couple of changes in its life, first off it the bottom pockets removed, pants pockets added to the bottom, shirt pockets to sleeves, lanyard loops added to the top pockets then somewhere after that the guy though "i might add a reversible night desert/3 colour hood from another jacket"

cheers for looking

Ryan

post-117117-0-39489300-1436836498.jpg

• 1 month later...

Here is one that came into my shop a few months ago. It has the full sleeve pocket mod with velcro- and it was never worn and still has the original barcode tag attached so it was clearly a mod done and issued when they were brand new.

As you can see it lived in a duffel bag a long time..

post-159963-0-93862300-1440641840.jpg