Modified Military Jackets

Nkomo

Very nice non-SF modified, RC!

Thanks Arch, it was too interesting to pass up with the 34th ID SSI. I don't have it handy, but I believe it was dated 1999 (as so many DCU's seem to be). I would guess circa 2005/6?

RC

Thanks Arch, it was too interesting to pass up with the 34th ID SSI. I don't have it handy, but I believe it was dated 1999 (as so many DCU's seem to be). I would guess circa 2005/6?

RC

I'd reckon 2004/2005 time period. Several deployments would fit into that time frame nicely, RC. Again, great piece.

PIcked this up at a surplus store in OC. Sew job was not that great, white chalk lines from the seamstress is still visible and I would have had the velcro on the sleeve pocket flaps instead of above the pockets. I was told it came from a SEAL but since the name is crossed out I have no way to verify that. The patches are extras I had laying around, this with trousers will be an extra pair of field cammies.

post-153997-0-28062900-1415473804.jpg

Very nice SEAL modified BDU. That is a classic SEAL modified jacket and the velcro modifications are standard.

As to the name that has been Sharpied over, you can take an alcohol pad and gently rub the area. I have used this technique before and it has worked to reveal the name Well....my wife helped me a little with the process. ;)

While not in my collection, i was helping my boss move his war den yesterday and found some cool stuff. He mostly collect UKSF and AUSSF but has some smatterings of US issue stuff.

Modified ERDL Shirt with woodlands BDU pocket sewn to arm. Still has USMC print on it.

post-117117-0-38050000-1415574381.jpg

• 1 month later...

Modified night desert parka reversible to 3 Colour desert. Has had extra pockets added below slash pockets and also chest pockets with zips on ND side.

Added side ways pockets on 3 colour side.

Another cool thing is the slash pockets because they where pass have had the pocket bags made from woodlands ripstop material.

The red paracord zipper pull is a pull tab from a part of a F40 zodiac.

Jacket is attributed to a Aussie SASR guy from the '98 Gulf war.

post-117117-0-93524500-1418717010.jpg

post-117117-0-45661700-1418717025.jpg

flashesandovals

Modified night desert parka reversible to 3 Colour desert. Has had extra pockets added below slash pockets and also chest pockets with zips on ND side.

Another cool thing is the slash pockets because they where pass have had the pocket bags made from woodlands ripstop material.

What is the '98 Gulf War?

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my most recent. 101st Airborne 6 Pocket Mod, my favorite mod so far, even over my NSW mods. The velcro seems very odd on this, very loose and a odd brown color, theater made maybe? The stitching is different then most I have too, its very badly done (off center, not straight) and they end the sewwing with a zig-zag (as seen in the second picture on the flag spot, top right).

post-153263-0-46529800-1420842268.jpg

post-153263-0-10089500-1420842273.jpg

What is the '98 Gulf War?

Sorry just saw this, maybe it shouldn't be called "gulf war" but in 1998 when Saddam again threatened violence. a number of members of SASR and NZSAS where deployed to the middle east.

My first 6 color mod! I guess this is post Gulf War because of the velcro but other than that I have no clue when its from. It does not show any signs of ever being patched, on the shoulders or chest. Any other information is welcome because I really know nothing about it.

It does show some signs of use, just how I like it!

post-153263-0-66271700-1421443968.jpg

Anybody know whats up with this weird stitching?

It is reenforcement stitching to help hold the velcro in place; works better than just edge stitches. It also helps prevent the velcro from puckering and "pillowing-up." It is a common feature on "off the shelf" Raid Modified tops by Propper and TruSpec as well as later field or rigger modified tops. My thoughts only .....

• 1 month later...

THe DCU is so worn its faded to a pinkish color.Intresting to see the two velcro patches on the back below the collar for the glint tapePlus there is velcro on the shoulders but are covered by the collar

post-342-0-35224200-1424409091.jpg

post-342-0-32371500-1424409105.jpg