Modified Military Jackets

Nkomo

avidcollector1

Just thought about it if the sleeves on the UCP top are fire resistant then is the shirt part also fire resistant bcz if not how could it pass serviceability.

Just thought about it if the sleeves on the UCP top are fire resistant then is the shirt part also fire resistant bcz if not how could it pass serviceability.

It wouldn't, but guys care more about being cool than burnt.

That shirts predate the FR-ACUs (which have flame resistant combat shirts), so they are not fire resistant at all. They were (generally speaking) produced before the Army Combat Shirt became available.

That shirts predate the FR-ACUs (which have flame resistant combat shirts), so they are not fire resistant at all. They were (generally speaking) produced before the Army Combat Shirt became available.

Taucco is 100% correct in his statement.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have seen this thread earlier, and haven't read through it all yet, but I love these now! I just got two the other day, will add later. Can't wait to finish reading all of these, and get some insight on mine.

riflegreen297

Yeah, this is usually a sign a guy took a shirt to a sew shop and neither he nor the shop had experience making "pocket shirts". The "bellows" to the front instead of the back are another sign of that also. This shirt would prove very impractical and uncomfortable to wear if anything was carried in the sleeve pockets.

Yeah, this is usually a sign a guy took a shirt to a sew shop and neither he nor the shop had experience making "pocket shirts". The "bellows" to the front instead of the back are another sign of that also. This shirt would prove very impractical and uncomfortable to wear if anything was carried in the sleeve pockets.

Didn't even notice the bellows like you said, that's probably why its unused.

riflegreen297

Here is one of my modified tops that I am getting ready to set up as a display with some of my kit in the OIF section of the war room. These tops were made at a tailor shop on Victory Base Complex (VBC). This top was worn on OIF VII (2009-2010). I was the SGM of the AOB that was working out of Camp DUBLIN with the 1st BN of the IRAQI Emergency Response Battalion (ERB) in Baghdad. I had my ODB and two ODAs working with the BN.

If you look closely you can see the sweat stains where the body armor rode at the shoulders. Also the Iraqi velcro has kinda of a pinkish tint to it. This is from mixing in some reds while doing my own laundry in our laundry hooch. I also have the trousers that will go on the mannequin when complete. The patches were worn during operations. I need to find a mannequin with a thicker chest and broader shoulders, this one is kinda scrawny for the shirt.

post-4227-0-67839200-1414191636.jpg

post-4227-0-71363300-1414191655.jpg

From a defunct surplus store sale rack (really wish I had picked up the VN tiger stripes before they closed shop), modified DCU: