Need Help ID'ing WWI Manufacturers

Mitter2k1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
749th tank battalion

Ok, here is what I have so far. I'm sure I have some errors within the document, but I am still gathering data and revising. Also, I think the company I have listed as N.R. Co. may be N.B. Co. with part of the letter missing on the stamp. I haven't been able to find N.R. Co. anywhere else on the internet. I have the tool carriers listed as M1910 since I couldn't find anything else that said otherwise.

So, if anyone has any additions, edits, criticism, ideas, etc., LET"S HEAR IT! Most of the information gathered is from what I could find on the forum, on dealer web sites and eBay. If an item did not have a clear stamp, I passed on it and continued on. Any addition assistance would be greatly appreciated in helping me complete this project. When it is finally finished (If that is possible), I hope to share it on the forum and with collectors everywhere as a checklist of known war time manufacturers of WWI era US Army equipment.

Thank you,

Michael M.

attachicon.gifWWIInventoryPaint.png

can also add PB&Co. (Plant Bros) to the BAR bandoleer mfrs as well as PB&Co. , RH Long and LCC Co. to the BAR rifleman's belt mfrs (the belt with the metal cup).

Speaking of F.S.F. made .45 magazine pouches, or for that matter any F.S.F. marked web gear....was there a change in their stamp at some point in 1918 ? i've seen magazine pouches that spell out "Sept. 1918" "AUG 1918" on the inside flap and others that use numerics 8 - 1918....7 - 1918..... ??

--Andrew

• 4 years later...
nicolas75

Hello to all

Any idea with this ww1 canteen cover manufacturer ? 

Thanks

Sans titre.jpg

Victor Sporting Goods Company.  February 1918.  Contract for 100,000 Dismounted Covers.  Contract EX18 dated August 18, 1917.  Covers were delivered November 1917 through March 1918.