Unbelieveable collection on ebay

That is a pretty darn remarkable group!!!

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Wow.

Mark sends

Mark Conrad, MSgt, USAF (Ret)

"Poor is the nation that has no Heroes...shameful is the one having them that forgets."

The Miami Valley Military History Museum: http://www.mvmhm.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Miami-Valley-Military-History-Museum/111268115594349
Official Partner of the United States of America Vietnam War Commemoration: www.vietnamwar50th.com
Official Partner of the United States of America World War I Centennial: www.worldwar1centennial.org

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Very nice group and he's a Hoosier! But is it really a $7K group? Maybe I'm way off, but I'm seeing about $2,000-$2,500 in uniforms. The value of the khaki throws me somewhat, but is the remainder worth $5K? Granted, if someone wants a great Span-Am group and has the funds, then this would be one to get.

I for one would love to have this group, as I have been searching for a Span-Am officer's group an Indiana vet for many years.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "

View my website honoring the men and women of Indiana: http://indianavets.wix.com/indiana-at-war and follow my updates on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/IndianaModernAgeofWar/
Interested in US uniforms? Join the Association of American Military Uniform Collectors! http://aamuc.org/or find us on Facebook! facebook.com/AAMUC.ORG

Beast, I'm with you. It is an exceptional archive, but realistically not that valuable. Reading through the listing, I don't think he actually went overseas or did anything noteworthy. I could see maybe $4-5K. This was originally listed for $10,000 and it didn’t sell.

-Todd

Currently looking for WWI items, specifically photos of the 116th infantry regiment, and any material related to the USS Olympia.

Always on the lookout for any rations, miscellaneous personal items, pack filler, care package stuffers, knit Red Cross material, and oddball equipment to supplement the Doughboy display.
Have some extras? I help friends fill out their living history kit, and could always use more loaner gear!

Amazing..I believe this is an example of what some refer to when they say a"Museum grade" group! :lol:

High Flight

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silver wings;

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there

I've chased the shouting wind along and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,

where never lark, or even eagle flew;

and while, with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

June 9, 1922 – December 11, 1941

" And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Don't let the B@stards wear you down -"Vinegar" Joe Stillwell

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.Unreasonable

people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.All progress,

therefore, depends on unreasonable people.

George Bernard Shaw

" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" , Fletcher,from the movie "The outlaw Josey Wales"

I wouldn't be surprised if the scrapbook alone could bring $1,000.

There are a lot of photos in that listing so I did a six minute video, scrolling through them, so we have them on the record:

Good thinking!Thanks for posting

High Flight

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth

And danced the skies on laughter-silver wings;

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung

High in the sunlit silence. Hovering there

I've chased the shouting wind along and flung

My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,

where never lark, or even eagle flew;

and while, with silent, lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

John Gillespie Magee, Jr.

June 9, 1922 – December 11, 1941

" And each man stands with his face in the light of his own drawn sword. Ready to do what a hero can." - Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Don't let the B@stards wear you down -"Vinegar" Joe Stillwell

Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world.Unreasonable

people attempt to adapt the world to themselves.All progress,

therefore, depends on unreasonable people.

George Bernard Shaw

" Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining" , Fletcher,from the movie "The outlaw Josey Wales"

Really amazing grouping it is almost impossible to find complete groupings like this. Seeing the hat in the pictures just makes it all the more interesting

Check out my eBay page, I sell military insignia and just about anything else I come across

Link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/fitzkeemilitaria/m.html?item=223497878518&hash=item340982fbf6%3Ag%3ASs4AAOSw-llcxhqe&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Please check out my web page as well for more items for sale

https://fitzkeemilitaria.com/

If the uniforms had airborne wings, the group would sell for that amount in a second.

Funny how that works, right?

-Todd

Currently looking for WWI items, specifically photos of the 116th infantry regiment, and any material related to the USS Olympia.

Always on the lookout for any rations, miscellaneous personal items, pack filler, care package stuffers, knit Red Cross material, and oddball equipment to supplement the Doughboy display.
Have some extras? I help friends fill out their living history kit, and could always use more loaner gear!

National Guard groups are tough, especially since this unit never left the states it is somewhat of a tough sell. If this was from the 1st Colorado I would be dumping mountains of stuff to get it however I have noticed that Eastern units don't quite garner that kind of interest. As a selection of 19th Cenury American Uniforms, its quite awesome. I am thinking $4000-4500 is closer to the mark. Put it in perspective. You can argue that a group from an Airborne soldier belonged to a liberator and an individual that helped save the world from fascism at the front lines. This officer's Civil War service, from what I could see was less than a month in 1863 with minimal action. As a piece of Maryland history its quite remarkable, but as a piece of American history, there were a large amount of National Guard officers, not to mention the Regular Army; it could be considered quite minimal. There have been other groups sold on ebay like this however they were usually sold a piece at a time. I applaud the seller trying to keep it together. Fun and interesting group, but not one of a Warrior or one who saw significan't, if any, action.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Seeking Model 1895 and 1902 Named Officer coats as well as Spanish American War Tropical Uniforms.
Also pre WW2 marine uniforms. Always pre-1945 Colorado National Guard Items wanted! Also seeking Rhodesian

Uniforms and Gear used by Americans in the Rhodesian Security Forces during the Bush War (Africa).

Fortune cookie say: "An expert is someone that knows so much about so little."

• 2 weeks later...