Some Help With These Marksmanship Badges

Bill_Carman

These marksmanship badges came in a framed grouping that was "Army"; SAW campaigns, a WW1 Victory and various society medals, ......but,

I think these are USMC marksmanship badges. The finish is pretty much worn off of everything leaving only a slight silver wash or a bronze/copper metal. The pistol badge is completely bare. There are no hallmarks or makers marks on the pieces. I have been comparing the crossed rifles with other pictures on the Forum, but I have not been able to match up anything.

Can those folks in the Forum, that specialize in USMC give me some additional info here? Are these typical, and from about what time period are we looking at?

thanks so much

post-140407-0-28354500-1410395222.jpg

post-140407-0-99661200-1410395236.jpg

post-140407-0-98686500-1410395250.jpg

The expert badge with the ladder indeed does look to be USMC, nice early multi-piece construction with a c-clasp. The top bar may be very faintly marked...very beautiful badge!

teufelhunde.ret

I think it's an Army shooters badge, of all the documented "with provenance" and or badge owners name engraving present, they show the fishtail ladder bar in use. It was not until the 30s when the Corps adopted the banner style ladder bar. My gut tells me this badge has been cobbled together somewhere along the line...