John Cooper

Mint Bell Air Crew wings

Here is another AirCrew wing. A MINTY fresh example thumbsup.gif

There is only the slightest hint of oxidization on the front of the wing. When I fist saw it I was thinking this was dipped in a silver cleaner. Hands on examination has shown that this was not correct. What I was lucky enough to pickup was an absolute mint example of a very high quality wing. Just as it was when bought so many years ago.

Enjoy.

John

mintbellacjn5.jpg

mintbellac1ha5.jpg

Always looking for Wings & Named Air Medals!

Motto: To Collect, Preserve, and Remember!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif

HI John, i have noticed that Bell wings hold their finish condition very often in perfect shape. I love this newest addition to your collection. Also, Bell got this nice pattern like traces of feathers on wings - i think these guys made some really cool badges...

Best regards

Robert

donation2008.gif

That's amazing! I've never seen a wing in that kind of condition. Looks like it was just made. Excellent wing thumbsup.gif

J.D.

AAF Collector...........
**Always Buying WW2 Aviation Related Items: Especially Operation Tidal Wave items (1st Ploesti Raid) ..... WW2 Fighter Ace Related Items.....Higher End A-2 Flight Jacket Groups....AAF Related Valor Medal Groups**

donation2017.gif
donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Thanks guys - I only wish I had Roberts skills or at least his macro lense to take really good photos! What I like about the Bell wings as Robert has pointed out is the details in the feathers.

That is not to say the slick wings are not nice but that extra detailing goes along way in my book. In fact the hand detailing on the Balfour wings along with the overall quality has them on the top of my list.

John

Always looking for Wings & Named Air Medals!

Motto: To Collect, Preserve, and Remember!

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gif