T30 or ANB-M-C1 mic ?

usaaf93

Hello

I have always heard that in the beginning of the war most bomber crews used T30 mic and then as the war went on, they started using ANB-M-C1 microphones inside their masks.

I am trying to set a new display. It will be a bombardier in mid 44.

He will have an A11 helmet with AN6530 goggles and a A10 mask. I would like to add him a microphone. Which one should I add ?

The rest of the display will be A F2 jacket with an A4 suit,F2 shoes, B4 mae west and A3 harness.

Thanks for the help

Julien

100% the ANB-M-C1, this is the basic M-254 piece mike plus its cable and the protective, inner very thin cloth. Guide sheets of MC-254 mikes when present in original boxes, do illustrate the different procedures for fitting it to: A-8B, A-10, A-10A and A-14 masks.

BTW, The coupling of a A-10 mask with a A-11 helmet in mid-44 (I suppose possibly about late May, or June at least) seems to me highly "forced" if not indeed not plausible. The improved variant A-10A itself was supposed to be used into early 1944 but, almost no pics do surface wich show some of them in actual use in actual operations.

Even less, less likely is the service of the previous A-10 in such a timeframe. This could be absolutely certain.

Yes, even this way IMO the A-10A could turn out like too much out of its correct time. I'd swear virtually all ETO bombers' crewmen were using A-14s in mid-44.

As for fighter pilots, at this time even the most "die hard" of them who were fond of British masks (groups wich started in mid-43 from England were all virtually equipped with RAF masks, helmets and dinghy packs) were now using the A-14.