AUTOGRAPH FOTO OF PERSHING

INIMICUS

I have a foto portrait by the general, dedicated on dec 15, '24 to his sergeant orderly just a few months after black jack retired. the dedication is three long lines; it's also dates in pershing's hand.

anyone know about pershing's activities on this date, about his orderlies, and approximate values of pershing autographs with such personal dedications? it's about 7x9 in fine shape with period frame. seems to me I saw something NOT dedicated go for about $450 recently.

thanks a lot.

heres a pic

I have a foto portrait by the general, dedicated on dec 15, '24 to his sergeant orderly just a few months after black jack retired. the dedication is three long lines; it's also dates in pershing's hand.

anyone know about pershing's activities on this date, about his orderlies, and approximate values of pershing autographs with such personal dedications? it's about 7x9 in fine shape with period frame. seems to me I saw something NOT dedicated go for about $450 recently.

thanks a lot.

post-496-1214243388.jpg

thanks a lot.

No, but as I recall he was chairman of the American Battle Monuments Commission during this period up to his death in 1948. So he may have been in Europe (France) shortly after his retirement as he lead ceremonial trips back to Europe as part of the ABMC.

thanks a lot fellas. I think in december '24 pershing had a few battlefield commemorations to do.

yes I hear you about "archival." - the photo's printed on good thick stock but yellowed from all the acid. but no foxing I can see.

Make sure you get it professionally remounted in a frame. Acids and UV's will definately take their toll.

-Ski