Photo of a sterile mag pouch in use in Vietnam

ETN

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I bought a pair of them from SARCO.

It will hold a single AR/AK mag in each pouch and I was able to get 3 M-9 mags in the small pouch on the front. Which cleaning rod was meant to go in the pouch on the back?

All the straps are unfinished cotton .

It is actually a dark O.D. The lighting makes it look more khaki.

Any opinions as to authenticity would be greatly appreciated.

BH 

IMG_20220929_171602350.jpg

IMG_20220929_171545937.jpg

Here's a picture of a DELTA operator carrying a M-3 grease gun and a CISO ammo pouch. Operation Eagle Claw, 1980

Screenshot_20221001-194805-145.png

Here's pictures of the reproduction frog skin version SARCO is selling. Material appears to be HBT to me. It has a good feel.

IMG_20221009_192550728.jpg

IMG_20221009_192606255.jpg

IMG_20221009_194124761.jpg

On 9/29/2022 at 5:29 PM, Boy Howdy said:

I bought a pair of them from SARCO.

It will hold a single AR/AK mag in each pouch and I was able to get 3 M-9 mags in the small pouch on the front. Which cleaning rod was meant to go in the pouch on the back?

All the straps are unfinished cotton .

It is actually a dark O.D. The lighting makes it look more khaki.

Any opinions as to authenticity would be greatly appreciated.

BH 

IMG_20220929_171602350.jpg

IMG_20220929_171545937.jpg

After some concerns about the "cheapness" of their construction I contacted SARCO. They admitted, in so many words, that these, too, are reproductions. They refunded my money and paid return shipping.

• 1 year later...
Sgt Saunders

I'm dragging up an old post here in attempt to ID this AK-47 magazine pouch. I've never see one like it before but suspect it's Vietnamese Nam era.

It is a dead ringer for a Russian pouch, It has the brass posts. I have exact pouches that I know are Russian, but not with these markings. 

This does not appear to be "Trench Art" It looks like an ink stamp. It's too well defined even if it faded. Can someone lead me to an ID here?

Or perhaps a well known expert in the field of Vietnamese/Chinese/Soviet field gear markings? It would be appreasheated.  Thanks for looking!

100_5292.JPG

100_5293.JPG

100_5294.JPG

100_5295.JPG

ShibaLegend

Looks russian. You can see the white text box right next to the black text (i think the white text denotes it as russian, could be wrong though) as for it being used by the NVA, i don't think i've ever heard of these kind of pouches being used by the NVA. They seemed to prefer to use chinese chest rigs. 

I'd post it over on world militaria forum or theakforum, maybe someone can help there.

Sgt Saunders

I got nothing on theakforum. I'll try the other. Thanks for responding!