Light, Cameras, and Color

In attempt to figure out the picture upload process, I thought to illustrate some other issues I've been having about color. I learned a bit recently about how important it could be to get this right along with close-up detail on this forum. The light used to illuminate an item is very important. I find that reveal brand bulbs a very accurate and cost effective way to go.

This photo shows the true color being a pretty neutral gray (black and white mix without color) base coat on the helmet and a tan cloth background. The photo was taken using a Reveal full spectrum light. Full spectrum light offers all colors in the rainbow resulting in an accurate rendering of actual colors.

post-8058-0-45375700-1409852981.jpg

This photo displays the OD liner fairly accurate but completely changes the hue of the tan cloth to a blue/violet tint. A cool white florescent circular bulb was used to eliminate hot spot but also completely distorted the actual color. A cool white bulb utilizes the colder side of the spectrum (green, blue, violet) and subdues warmer colors (yellow, orange, red) This is why the green is recognizable but the warm tan cloth has an inaccurate cool tint to it.

post-8058-0-80701000-1409853214.jpg

I managed to get these photos up for this first illustration but started having the overload problem again. So I'll keep working on this thread. I've got a pretty firm grasp on how to take good photos so I think this thread will be helpful to many. Also, good practice and inspiration to figure out this darn picture uploading process.

post-8058-0-74597400-1409853649.jpg

Picture uploading is not difficult at all on here. I have done the same uploading picture process since I started on here. Why does everyone buck the system and think its so hard? How hard is it take a picture with your phone and upload it to your computer?!

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

Picture uploading is not difficult at all on here. I have done the same uploading picture process since I started on here. Why does everyone buck the system and think its so hard? How hard is it take a picture with your phone and upload it to your computer?!

Because the OP has a blue navy helmet that can easily be seen on his ebay listing and hes trying to convince everyone its OD 3 and also a 327th lid and is pretending to be concerned about everyone else in the process simple as that.

Since there was a discussion about this very same helmet(which is being used here as an example) that was closed earlier today, it is the opinion of this Admin that this is only a reopening of an already closed discussion taken from a different angle. If the OP would like to have a discussion about photo's, lighting and color, I would suggest that he start a new thread with a different helmet to make his point.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif