What is it!? 10th Cavalry? 92nd Division? or other?

ryanphx

I found this item at a military flea market this year and I'm having a hard time pinpointing what it exactly is. A couple ideas on what it may be are..

A) 92nd Division related

B) 10th Cavalry related

C) something else.. maybe 99th Aero Squadron (post-WW1)

It's made of brass - gold gilted - it's a screw-back device - made by Bastian Bros. Rochester, NY (double stamped on screw and actual piece).

It measures 1.5 inches wide x 1.25 inches high

Collar or Hat device?

Any help is very much appreciated :)

post-144600-0-96919100-1409851180.jpgpost-144600-0-35087700-1409851287.jpg

I can find no references to any 10th Cav DI being made w/o a torse.

Dave-

I learned a new word! (At first I thought you were making reference to the Torse Cavalry.) Pretty impressive heraldic vocabulary you have there!

Kurt

Dave-

I learned a new word! (At first I thought you were making reference to the Torse Cavalry.) Pretty impressive heraldic vocabulary you have there!

Kurt

"Torse Cavalry?" haha I know enough to be dangerous when it comes to DIs

I wonder if it's a generic pin related to "Buffalo Soldiers", which would include the 9th & 10th Cavalry regiments and the 24th and 25th Infantry regiments.

• 1 month later...

Some info: I was told that this is the 99th Aero Squadron. I've only seen the flat white metal (tin) version of the quite famous Ridabock & Co New York. There were a couple other versions that I've seen, still flat, with very little detail. They became the 99th Observation squadron in the 1920s. This could be from that era then. The unit moved from Wright Patterson Ohio to Kelly field in San Antonio. I live in SA, so will try and get ahold of someone who might know if this crest of yours fits.--Ray