Beautiful hand-camo'd Carlisle pouch...original?

ViewfinderGyrene

ViewfinderGyrene

The pouch itself certainly looks original, but the paint looks a bit too bright to me...opinions?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Army-USMC-Marine-WW2-FIELD-CAMOUFLAGED-M-1942-KHAKI-FIRST-AID-POUCH-Carrier-/351162098075?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51c2e4619b#ht_733wt_865

Thanks!

ViewfinderGyrene

***Items from unit called 8th Field Depot***

[Most frequently-sought unit because of family connection]

Intact ["out of the woodwork"] Marine Corps combat groups from WWII.

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Marine Corps valor recipient items.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

Yes, definitely spray paint. You can see how the paint kind of pools up towards the middle and less the farther out you look.

Please pm me if you have a Vietnam era helmet band.

- The older the war, the younger the soldiers

Definitely spray paint. It looks pretty fresh too so it definitely doesn't match with the condition of the pouch.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

doinworkinvans

I believe that seller advertises on here with a banner as well....they should know better....

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

ViewfinderGyrene

Thanks for the time and tips!

I had seen another supposedly hand-camo'd web piece from him a long time ago, a Marine Corps marked Thompson drum mag pouch. Does anyone remember it? I had questions after seeing the final bid...

ViewfinderGyrene

Unique items signed by many Marines from one unit, or inscribed with combat history.

Souvenirs taken by Marines with exceptional background and/or unique stories/documentation.

Marine Ship Detachment items from major naval engagements and those that warrant stars to ETO ribbon.

abramsantiques

Hi,

This is abramsantiques, the seller of the pouch in question. We have read all of your posts, and we feel you folks are absolutely right, the pouch almost surely has been spraypainted at a recent date. We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as though we have many years of experience, we certainly do make mistakes from time to time, but they are honest mistakes. In no way did we intend to mislead anyone. We have taken the pouch down, and will not re-list it, as we strive to offer only the best accurately described high quality pieces.

All the best,
Ira

Simon Lerenfort

Hi,

This is abramsantiques, the seller of the pouch in question. We have read all of your posts, and we feel you folks are absolutely right, the pouch almost surely has been spraypainted at a recent date. We greatly appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as though we have many years of experience, we certainly do make mistakes from time to time, but they are honest mistakes. In no way did we intend to mislead anyone. We have taken the pouch down, and will not re-list it, as we strive to offer only the best accurately described high quality pieces.

All the best,

Ira

I'm sure many people respect your candour for replying to this thread .Sadly as already noted an original pouch has been ruined by addition of paint, a pity.

Thanks for your post.

Kind Regards,

Simon

WW2 Battlefield Relics Virtual Museum:

Just my view....

At the price of $14.99 there isnt any huge deception to me.Your getting a (recently)painted pouch.We dont even know if it would have sold.Fourteen day return policy as well.....seems not real deceptive.

I highly doubt the seller did this as there are others sold now and in the past with out paint.Possibly a reinactor done this, movie prop or back yard commando.....never know.

It is what it is.We all make mistakes.Ira corrected his.I have bought from him in the past and have always been more than satisfied with the item and service.

The seller pulled it. He could just have updated the sale with a updated descrition.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

ViewfinderGyrene

Hi,

All the best,

Ira

It's wonderful, no matter the true circumstances, when a seller acknowledges inauthenticity. Wish the other demographic of truly crooked sellers would learn a lesson from Ira. MAny thanks!

ViewfinderGyrene

• 3 weeks later...