My OSS STILETTO

uscollectorWW1&2

That is about as nice as they come. Great knife. I've seen them with 1, 2 and recently 3 heat test markings.

Hey Reeder...have you seen these markings frequently or are they quite rare in your opinion?

My thoughts have been that it is more common to find a sterile blade as opposed to one with ANY markings...

None actually have makers markings. These markings are peens or tiny dimples in the blade to test the hardness of the knives. I believe, that they were at least tested once, and some that failed went through another round of hardening and testing. I thought that they only had one or two hardness tests but have recently seen one with a 3rd. Maybe it's a mark on the blade vs another hardness test mark. See eBay item #271577108471

None actually have makers markings. These markings are peens or tiny dimples in the blade to test the hardness of the knives. I believe, that they were at least tested once, and some that failed went through another round of hardening and testing. I thought that they only had one or two hardness tests but have recently seen one with a 3rd. Maybe it's a mark on the blade vs another hardness test mark. See eBay item #271577108471

Many thanks for this info...

Great dagger. These are nore not my usual field of interest however I would love to own one of these, you have a beauty there...

There is no marking but it has the test point on the blade.

Great find! Congrats!

I'm aware of the hardness pinpricks but I'm not familiar with the "test point" on the blade? What is it?

Thanks!