My vietnam collection

Justin

jayhawkhenry
Some Vietnam rations… And my Helmets note a lot have USMC bands. They have been removed and Vietnam none cat eye bands have replaced them.

Sure brings back the memories. C rats. yum! Good job Justin. When I was in we some times attached a canteen to each side of our butt bag. Now you need some purple smoke.

Nice collection. I just picked up an Air Force jungle jacket at the local trift shop for $4. There are still great deals out there.

Love the helmets.

Chris

Thanks I think I'll post some better pictures of the helmets, as you can see most have black bands and some of missing straps, I have gotten the straps and I got Vietnam Non cat eye bands to replace the black bands so I think I'll repost

thanks for all the nice comments :) !

Nice stuff mate, intersting to note the differences between the 56 Pattern gear our diggers carried compared to what u have shown here, our stuff was US issue, our magazine pouches were bigger to carry the SLR mags, though we carried both types, those bum bags are the same, yolk is the same , water bottles are different, the earlier cover would be the same just our bottles were local made and forest green note the olive green used by the US, I have a fair collection of Nam gear of Aussie issue, our packs are different what I see there, some Alice gear was used here probably later in the war we may have used more of it, the Alice gear seems to last longer in the tropical climates being nylon

• 2 weeks later...

My newest peace! I'm very happy to have them!

Mint "Short" m16 pouches set both marked same on the inside flap and unissued !

post-2305-1216173405.jpg

post-2305-1216173410.jpg

Beautiful collection, i can feel the smell of Vietnam, congrats thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

thanks, I am still looking for a lot of things though crying.gif

thanks again for looking! thumbsup.gif

craig_pickrall
Left these out, m-1943 E-Tool cover's they looks like regular ww2 style but they are Vietnam dated and have Snaps.. both dated 1967..One is MINT! :)

These shovel covers with the M1910 belt hooks and no bayonet attachment point are USMC style. They did not change to the M1956 belt clips so their gear was setup fot the M1910 hooks.

These shovel covers with the M1910 belt hooks and no bayonet attachment point are USMC style. They did not change to the M1956 belt clips so their gear was setup fot the M1910 hooks.

Thank you for the info :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there guys, I was looking there my room and I put together this, I call it my "USMC type set up" I don't call it my USMC set up because I chose not to put the USMC suspenders on it, all so I like a ARVN pack to be part of it, I have a mint Canteen suspenders 1st aid pouch grenade carrier and more I want for my USMC set up, and when I get my m1961 belt and 4 mint m14 ammo pouchs I will put it together an take some pictures as for now enjoy this

Any tips on things I can add/ remove would be great

Also would USMC use regular "H" suspenders ? think.gif

Here are a few pictures thumbsup.gif :

And here it is with some additions to it, ARVN pack with shovel, two canteens without covers "In ARVN pockets" claymore bag, Flash light "can't see in picture.

Enjoy

post-2305-1217534066.jpg

post-2305-1217534157.jpg

'Ya gotta respect a man who collects Vietnam era M1s twothumbup.gif . Your collection is very well done...imagine how large it will be in another 5-10 years. Keep up the great work!

Ken

'Ya gotta respect a man who collects Vietnam era M1s twothumbup.gif . Your collection is very well done...imagine how large it will be in another 5-10 years. Keep up the great work!

Ken

Thanks!, 5-10 years it will be nicer ( I hope crying.gif ) but in about 30 years (I pray) it will be better and better! :lol:

• 5 weeks later...

I made the USMC stuff better, I know I don't have the USMC suspenders on them, But I do have them

this is my salty set, the grenade pouch on this one is Mint, unissued, witch will be removed once I can get some more Mint gear and have 2 sets, Salty, and Mint.

post-2305-1220669472.jpg

post-2305-1220669479.jpg

I made the USMC stuff better, I know I don't have the USMC suspenders on them, But I do have them

this is my salty set, the grenade pouch on this one is Mint, unissued, witch will be removed once I can get some more Mint gear and have 2 sets, Salty, and Mint.

Here's a tip... try photographing something like this outside in the sunlight. I tried taking inside shots for years and finally realized that you can great results with outdoor light.

Hi Justin,

some very nice stuff! especialy the huge pile of M1 helmets thumbsup.gif

I like to see vietnam collections w00t.gif

You right you need M-1961 the two pieces USMC suspender and maybe some shoulder pads as well

Just for the display thumbsup.gif

Bud anyway you have a nice collection and i know it takes time to put everything together especialy in mint condition!

You get it

Mike

• 3 weeks later...