German POW letters

Marksman

here are two letters and one POW Post Card from a german medic who got a POW in Italy. I got all his dokuments and medals from him after he passed awa a few years ago.

He was my neighbor and after the war he becaome a teacher. One fun fackt about him - he lied during his "denazification" but after i got all his paper dokuments - he was a real Nazi and very prod of his pre war career in the HJ and NSDAP. :D

He flew 2 time from a pow cam - 1st from an american POW Camp and after the he was caught in france and comes into a french POW camp - then he flew with the help of an french women.

After he arived germanyhe worked in the kitchen of the british army - and stole there a lot of food.

He wrote everything in his little note book - its very funny to read.

Greetings Stefan

PS: Did anyone know what "NATOUSA-PWE-326" means

post-54820-0-57570900-1409595250.jpg

post-54820-0-50659500-1409595257.jpg

Thank you,

as he was alive he dindt talk anthing about the war - he just said that he was a medic and pow. Nobody knows that he was a HJ Leader and a NSDAP Part Member.

As i found his dokuments i was surprised about his HJ Career and i dont understand why he didnt talk about it. He must be proud of his service there because he kept everyting.

Greetings

Stefan

Cannot give more details on the camp itself, but from the address given (NATOUSA-PWE 326; PWIB PMG), he was in a camp in the ETO or MTO at the time. If he had been in the States, the name of the camp would have been given. Also, stateside POW correspondence was processed through censors at GPO Box 20 in New York.

Than you both for the additional informations.

I looked again in his notices and saw that he was captured in Italy and was held in a american POW camp in North Africa. There he worked in the Hospital - because he was a field medic.

Greetings

Stefan

• 2 weeks later...