RIP: Craig Pickrall, USMF co-founder, teacher, mentor and more

Bob Hudson

Always enjoyed his posts, and knew what he brought to the Forum made it better every time he was here. God Bless Craig.

Rest in Peace Mr. Pickrall! The only time I came in contact with him was late last year, early this year. His response was fast (although he even apologised for taking a few days) & exactly what I was looking for. Throughout the forum many of his posts are witness to his great character and willingness to help. His passing is a great loss to the forum and all of us. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family!

While I am deeply saddened by Craig's passing, I am sure it does not match the loss that Charlotte and the rest of his family and close friends are feeling right now, they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Goodbye my friend, we'll see you on the other side.

Robswashashore

I am one of the many Forum members who never had the pleasure to meet Mr. Pickerall, but whose life has been immeasurably enhanced by my participation in this, one of his legacies. My sincerest sympathy to his family. It is an indication of the character of Craig that some of my most treasured friends were met on the USMF. Thank you.

Jean

I wasn't aware of Craig's health issues and am deeply shocked and saddened by the news of his passing. I spent many hours going over the information he posted, first on the old gunboards forum and later here. His knowledge seemed endless and he was always willing to answer even the most basic questions. RIP Craig, you will be sorely missed for many reasons. My deepest condolences to his family and loved ones. May he rest in peace.

doinworkinvans

Like so many I was never able to meet with Mr. Pickrall but he was here in full swing when I first joined and did nothing but read scores of his posts. What an asset and friend he was to so many.

It is comforting to know that he is suffering no more and he can chat militaria with all those that have gone before him.

I pray that his wife and family may rest easy in that fact and know that he is in a better place.

RIP Mr. Pickrall you will be missed.

Man, life is too short. We haven't got used to losing Greg, and now Craig :(

Let's take comfort in thinking that they probably have already started discussing starting a satellite USMF in Heaven. Would not surprise me a bit :blush:

God Bless You, guys!

Corpsmancollector

I hadn’t logged into the forum for a few days, so thought I’d check in. The first thing I saw was the banner acknowledging Craig’s passing. Suffice to say, it stopped me in my tracks. As many members are, I am deeply saddened to hear this. The collecting world has lost a true pioneer and expert. Craig’s wilfulness to share his knowledge, information and expertise knew no bounds. During my earlier years on the Forum I was always humbled to have posts answered by Craig and for him to share information with me and other members. And he always did it in such a friendly, helpful, manner. Though I exchanged e-mails with Craig during my time as a member here, I never met Craig. But that didn’t matter, he was just happy to help out. He was an all-round great guy.

My thoughts go to his family and friends during this difficult time.

All the very best Craig, rest in peace...Hope you're enjoying your time up there with Greg, talking about the specifics of USMC web equipment!

Sincerely,

Will

Craig,

Thank you for the many years of patiently sharing your knowledge with us. Whether you were answering a question from an experienced collector or a beginner, you always treated them with respect. You will be greatly missed.

Simon Lerenfort

Sorry to hear of Craigs passing. My thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time. For him the struggle is over and he can rest in peace. A wealth of knowledge and a strong character. I hope the forum continues to abide by his influence.

Deepest Condolences,

Simon

Craig's passion for the militaria collecting hobby and for the USMF will truly be missed. My condolences to his family.

RustyCanteen

While I am deeply saddened by Craig's passing, I am sure it does not match the loss that Charlotte and the rest of his family and close friends are feeling right now, they are in my thoughts and prayers.

Goodbye my friend, we'll see you on the other side.

Absolutely.