Some amazing wartime color film ETO USAAF style

38Driver

For the ETO USAAF flight gear buffs this film is amazing. Lots of combat flying, but also a fair amount of film of guys in their uniforms and gear, all in color except the last 2 minutes. But even that two minutes is well worth the wait. Some amazing combat B-24 flying too that I'd not seen before.

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/1339

This one is shorter but is color film taken by an ETO Mustang pilot. Again in color. Great shots of the gear(Note the RAF Type C helmets) as well as some beautiful Mustang film

http://www.eafa.org.uk/catalogue/933

Be sure and watch them in HD and full screen. It's a step back in time :)

pararaftanr2

38driver,

Thanks for those, they are both great. My favorite scene is the local kid parading in the flak suit at the end of the first film. Classic!

Regards, Paul

ah ah... fantastic !!! That kid is worthy the whole film, he reminds me of my nephew - so huge resemblance of facial features!!

In the 353rd film I noticed that one of the pilots was wearing an early G suit. That was interesting to see along with the uniform combinations. Throw in those two ship take offs and the Walter Mitty in me is hard at work :)

I'm getting closer to completing my ETO fighter pilot too! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Wow don't know how I missed this the first time around. Thanks for sharing this! Love the Mossie low flying passes in the first one! And the second...I could watch those Slybirds P-51 scenes all day long :-) Awesome!! Great find 38driver!