1941 Garand Belt, Prototype?

blitz67

Nice belt, hard to find pattern, not a prototype but it is a mounted belt (cavalry), the snap is for a 45 auto pouch.

Great mounted belt. It appears to say Burlington Mills which, if I'm not mistaken, is a scarcer manufacturer of 1941 dated mounted ammo belts. Is there anyone that can confirm that for sure?

Mike

It has been said that they were popular with airborne because of the added snap for the 45 auto pouch. It would seem that a lot of the cavalry items ended up with the airborne, the canteen with reinforced back, the lined and unlined gloves and also the mounted belt.

I thought I read that a lot of these belts found their way to the airborne.

The early pictures of the Test Platoon shows them.I believe the mounted version was used as it had the section for a pistol ammo pouch as some 45s were carried too..Some were more than likely WW1 hold overs as well.

I have a picture of a pair of MPs in Italy wearing a mounted belt.They are part of the FSSF and the picture is shown in the unit history.

Often wonder if some of the troops issued the 03 ended up with the older belts to hold the ammo in stripper clips.

Great find. 1941 dated/9-pocket belts are extremely hard to find. Burlington Mills, Inc. also made a 1941 dated first aid pouch that makes a great accessory to the belt.

post-1573-0-49780300-1409498124.jpg

Very nice stuff, guys.

I've been told that Burlington was the sole contractor for these Mounted Belts in '41, but don't know for sure.

All of the '41s I've seen thus far have been Burlingtons.

Here's another one, with all the other stuff dated '41 as well...

post-3226-0-92934400-1409505092.jpg

Nice set up FlageGuy, but I prefer all '41 dated which would include a complete 1941 dated canteen set, a 1941 R.M.Co. .45 pouch, and a '41 BOYT Holster.

post-1573-0-16320100-1409506753.jpg

Thanks Ronnie. The holster is one of my favorite possessions. This one is actually the 4th '41 dated holster that I have owned. The first two were in really bad shape so I trashed them. The third I sold to a fellow collector and kept this fourth one, which is just a bit better than the third one, for myself. I paired it up with an all original Colt 1911A1 manufactured in late 1941, RS inspected.

CG

post-1573-0-10724400-1409583657.jpg

post-1573-0-75629400-1409583672.jpg