Todays Garage Sale

He told me the medals and patches will be next time. The camo item is a head net that has been modified, nothing special. Definitely an odd way to sell stuff, I didn't want to tick him off so I was careful to tread lightly and I made good solid reasonable offers on his stuff which I think he appreciated. There were at least ten more trunks of stuff and he said the other half of all of this is at his friends house and will be for the next sale!!

donation2007.gif

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "He kept bringing trunks out but I was the only one buying so he stopped and wouldn't bring out anything else"? That's an odd sales tactic... stop bringing items out to sell with a willing buyer right in front of you.

Looks like you got a great haul! That VC stake is very cool. Can't say I've ever seen a documented example like that.

I've seen some people selling items get kinda funny about when a person just keeps buying every thing they put out and they start to figure they are selling it way too cheap! so they stop selling and want to find out from some one who know more about what it is worth, that's what I think happen here.

I was at a gun show and a guy was putting out unissed WWII M1 carbine pouch for $4 each. I purchased five and went back a little later and he had more out on his table and purchased those as well, he looked at me funny like I was being a pig buying them up and I told him I collected WWII canvas and wanted the different makers even though he was giving them away at $4 each I just kept on buying them. I end up getting 15 to 20 pouches that he had.

Craig

Amazing haul! :o It looks more like you hit an old supply depot then a yard sale. Some very nice items, especially the canteen. I'd say get as much from the guy as you can. Not many opportunities come along like that. Any markings on the garand belts?

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "He kept bringing trunks out but I was the only one buying so he stopped and wouldn't bring out anything else"? That's an odd sales tactic... stop bringing items out to sell with a willing buyer right in front of you.

Looks like you got a great haul! That VC stake is very cool. Can't say I've ever seen a documented example like that.

Nice pile.

Making some strong offers is the best way to tread lightly.

The best time to get something is the day it happens.

I hope you get to go back.

He was upset about something to cut you off because that is what he did. He cut you off.

donation2013.gif

Excellent haul, well done! Certainly worth the 90 mile round trip...What period are the boots? The 3rd Mardiv bring back in great!

Will

WWII USMC & USN - CAMOUFLAGE / CORPSMAN / PARAMARINE / MARINE RAIDER / DENIM / DECK JACKETS.

VIETNAM - CAMOUFLAGE / SF / 'IN-COUNTRY' ITEMS.

donation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.