Sign in to follow this  
blitz67

Todays Garage Sale

Saw an ad on the local Craigslist for a sale about 90 miles away. Ad was very vague, but did say there was lots of military items. Here is my haul.

post-683-0-61063500-1409443002.jpg

donation2007.gif

WOW

Check out my online collection of dog tags... http://historicdogtags.com LOOKING FOR DOG TAGS.... CIVIL WAR, WWI, WWII, KOREAN WAR, AND VIETNAM.PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING! I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IM INTERESTED.THANKS,USDOG

I got three Garand belts(one experimental) 5 unissued M1928 haversacks, numerous carbine and .45 pouches, Japanese tunic and overcoat.

post-683-0-44957900-1409443170.jpg

donation2007.gif

Here are what I feel are the best items and the best in my mind is the VC Punji stick with capture tag from the 3rd Marines.

post-683-0-23256000-1409443287.jpg

donation2007.gif

Great finds

The Ethocel canteen is very nice..

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

The leggings are early, maybe Span Am, maybe earlier. Made by Gemsco and in unissued condition with Army markings

donation2007.gif

Canteen is very nice, and no cracks. The guy at the garage sale bought all of this stuff from a guy at another garage sale who was dumping his dads collection. Looks like I will be heading back to get the rest in a couple weeks.

brad

donation2007.gif

Great finds! If you don't have enough room for it all I could take some of it off you hands.

-Dave

Collecting WWI 26th Division Machine Gun and Infantry related Helmets, Equipment, Groupings, Photos and Dog Tags!

donation2015.gif

Geez, you'd need a snow shovel to organize it. What a tremendous haul!

Looking for EXPERIMENTAL & PROTOTYPE HELMETS

Really nice haul. That punji stick is really cool.

Always looking for WW2 USMC militaria and WW2 Corpsman militaria. If you have any you don't want or want to sell let me know, I might be interested.

donation2016.gif

Great pickups. Well worth the drive. I like the ethocol canteen!

I go to garage sales all the time with the vague "military items" in the description. 99% of the time its nothing of note, but its that 1% like this one, that keeps putting miles on my car!

Always looking for named items from Detroit area Vets!

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

Great finds! If you don't have enough room for it all I could take some of it off you hands.

-Dave

I would too ;)

Check out my online collection of dog tags... http://historicdogtags.com LOOKING FOR DOG TAGS.... CIVIL WAR, WWI, WWII, KOREAN WAR, AND VIETNAM.PM ME IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING! I WILL LET YOU KNOW IF IM INTERESTED.THANKS,USDOG

Brad

I agree was well worth the drive.

Were you the first one there??

Prices fair?

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

I was the first one there and to tell you the truth I was the only one that bought any of the military items except for some people that bought a few AK bayonets. Prices were extremely fair. He kept bringing trunks out but I was the only one buying so he stopped and wouldn't bring out anything else. I'[m trying to get a hold of him to just buy everything in one lot. He has a bunch more and I saw a inside a few of the other trunks and there is more really good stuff.

donation2007.gif

I was the first one there and to tell you the truth I was the only one that bought any of the military items except for some people that bought a few AK bayonets. Prices were extremely fair. He kept bringing trunks out but I was the only one buying so he stopped and wouldn't bring out anything else. I'[m trying to get a hold of him to just buy everything in one lot. He has a bunch more and I saw a inside a few of the other trunks and there is more really good stuff.

Good for you and good luck.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Can't wait to see the more finds! Was there any other medals/ribbons?

WWII-KW
Uniforms, Insignia, SSIs, Badges, Medals, Ribbons

Nice find. What is the frogskin item?

Thank you to all that have served our country and to your families that have sacrificed without your presence at home. Thank you to all that have given their lives for my freedom and to their families that suffer. May God bless you!

Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "He kept bringing trunks out but I was the only one buying so he stopped and wouldn't bring out anything else"? That's an odd sales tactic... stop bringing items out to sell with a willing buyer right in front of you.

Looks like you got a great haul! That VC stake is very cool. Can't say I've ever seen a documented example like that.

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2018.gif

donation2017.gif

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.