Named WWII 82nd ABN Uniform/PH Group

Kadet

His name is Gilbe//rt L. Ba//ker and he is still alive at age 92. The step son is getting some additional info for me. There is a man by that name listed in the 507th, but the ASN is different than the laundry number in the jacket.

Thanks, I will post some additional pictures of it. The group consists of his 4 pocket tunic, Ike jacket, patched enlisted shirt, cased PH, flag arm band and an 82nd ABN unit history book. Also in the group is a Brit tailored officer-grade Ike jacket...The enlisted Ike has the collar brass and patch intact, and you can see where there was once an oval sewn. Unfortunately the tailored Ike is stripped, but you can clearly see the outline of an 82nd patch on the sleeve. I'm actually tempted to restore this.

BigDogMilitaria

Stunning pickup! Personally, i would restore the tailored Ike. Otherwise those are the things that probably never get displayed, and I think that would deserve a display!

Here is the 4 pocket. His son told me that he served during the war and in to the occupation period in Germany. I suspect that he was a late 1944 replacement, participating in the Ardennes and Central Europe campaigns....

post-110-0-11006300-1409326766.jpg

post-110-0-44739200-1409326769.jpg

This is the laundry number in the jacket. The shirt also has one, but it is hard to read. The 507th guy by this name is listed on the roster as having ASN 14167785. This was either someone else's jacket, the ASN on the roster is wrong, or I'm looking for a different guy. This ASN doesn't appear in the NARA database, nor is there a baker associated with the laundry #.

post-110-0-00939400-1409326856.jpg

post-110-0-93152600-1409326865.jpg

This is the tailored one. It actually has an officer's name in it, but was in the group. The name is Major Joseph A. Riley. It definitely had an 82nd patch on the left sleeve.

post-110-0-43173500-1409326911.jpg