Well, my 57mm M1 is finished.....

tankdriver

This is incredible. All my life I've enjoyed working on model kits, I can't begin to image the thrill of doing the 1:1 scale of an actual restoration. It's beautiful!

Cobrahistorian

US Army Air Defense Artillery Museum here at lovely Fort Sill, OK. Airborne AAA units used 6pdrs and to a lesser extent M1 57mms. Ours is depicting A Battery of the 80th AAA at Trois Ponts, Belgium on the afternoon of 21 December 1944. Two posthumous Distinguished Service Crosses were awarded for actions that day.

v/r

Jon

US Army Air Defense Artillery Museum here at lovely Fort Sill, OK. Airborne AAA units used 6pdrs and to a lesser extent M1 57mms. Ours is depicting A Battery of the 80th AAA at Trois Ponts, Belgium on the afternoon of 21 December 1944. Two posthumous Distinguished Service Crosses were awarded for actions that day.

v/r

Jon

Thanks, I go to Tulsa every year. I may take a day and go by......

Does she go boom?

No, I have 3 a 37mm, a 57mm (shown) and a 3"(76mm). The 37mm, and the 57mm are being restored now. I have repo breeches being made for all 3. I am not interested in any dealings with the ATF.

Very nice piece! Is that a 76mm M5 in the background? There are several of those sitting in front of VFWs around here. We towed one behind a Deuce in the 4th of July parade one year. What a pain that was, tires had flat spots, everything needed greased to move, but at least people did not tailgate us.

post-32676-0-72315600-1411652320.jpg

A very handsome piece and it will be an eye-grabber behind your WC63. Perhaps I missed them, but have you posted any "before" pics of your 57MM gun here? Those would be interesting.

I thought you might enjoy seeing a contemporary pic of an AT gun being pulled by a 28th Division WC63 in Paris. A pretty atmospheric image.

Regards,

Charlie

57 MM AT guns Towed 28 Inf Div Paris Liberation.jpg