"Expendables 3"

Sabrejet

Good guys 547....Bad guys 0. Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Lundgren, Snipes and co re-unite for the third movie in the franchised series. Pure hookum, of course....but very entertaining hookum! Lots of firepower on show and great stunts, as you'd expect!

#1 was silly yet entertaining, #2 was ridiculous (except JCVD made a really good bad guy). I'm not sure if there exists an adjective to describe #3. I'm glad old action movie stallwarts are keeping busy, though.

• 1 month later...

The best part of #2 was Chuck Norris just appearing out of nowhere, dispatching dozens of bad guys... and then promptly disappearing after saving the day!

Not recommended for anyone who expects something as trivial as a plot or any hint of realism.

Garandomatic

Wife and I were entertained. I think everybody associated with the picture would agree that it was supposed to be so ridiculously over the top. Stallone had an HBT cap on before it was blown off by Mel Gibson's bomb (that killed and injured none of the good guys).

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi,

The movie is just entertainment. It fits the bill for what it is as it was good and I think a lot better then the first movie. Now we wait for the 4th installment of the Expendables.

Bill