TrenchRat's collection - Revisited

TrenchRat

Johan Willaert

You're welcome... In this Centennial Year I do appreciate Great War Displays!!

Would Officers have worn both leather Sam Browne Equipment along with webbing gear??? Seem to recall British Officers having ammo pouches and holsters along with suspenders in leather to be used with the Sam Browne style belt...

Wouldn't US Army Officers have had the same gear?

Johan,

The idea for having dressed that officer figure the way I have, was based on an illustration of a USMC officer "in the field".

I may have taken some "historical license" with that reconstruction as I have not come across an actual photo showing the use of a SB belt and web belt worn together, although I do keep my eyes open for such a photo.

Actually, I would think it easier to have the pistol belt, mag pouch and holster, first aid pouch and canteen separate from the SB belt, as a sort of, what I'll call, a "battle belt". Having to slide on the "slides" for adding these items to the SB belt for action, then removing them when out of action, I think, would be a real hassle.

This, of course, only makes sense if an officer took the chance to wear his SB belt in action, as the concern of being a target was high...

Well, "that's my story and I'm sticking to it"...LoL...

Thanks, Johan, for bringing this up as I am sure other may have had the same thoughts...!

Glenn

You're Welcome...!

I still have a few more First World War figures to put up here. It is a fascinating period for collectors, isn't it?

Glenn

Well, Dave, no better time to get in on the "craze"...!

In all reality, it truly is an amazing period to study. And there is so much for the collector to get his hands on - so many specific accoutrements were produced, it's staggering.

Glenn

Next up is a reconstruction of a US Army Corpsman, 10th MG Battalion.

Beside the proper medic belt, diagnosis tag pouch and hatchet, this figure has the 1912 cavalry ration bags commonly used as a haversack.

There is also the canteen with the web extender and "torch"...

The brassard is a "captured" German item...

The 1917 coat had the sleeves shortened, but still in great condition, as is the helmet.

post-92682-0-39627800-1409239435.jpg

Once again great display and I have been thinking of getting a basic soldiers uniform and equipment together and possibly a medic but. It will probably be a side thing as I mainly collect WWII ETO

-Dave

Once again great display and I have been thinking of getting a basic soldiers uniform and equipment together and possibly a medic but. It will probably be a side thing as I mainly collect WWII ETO

-Dave

Thank a lot Dave. Look forward to seeing what you come up with when you get your hands on some good WWI items.

My second collecting interest is WWII. I will be posting those figures next week likely. Not nearly as many as my WWI displays.

Here is a sample...

post-92682-0-36446400-1409241092.jpg

Looking forward to that!

And if possible a total.overview of what seems a great war room, not only a 'Great War' room

Thanks Johan.

I have a couple more to put up today. I hope to add a few more tomorrow. One is my idea of how a Marine may have appeared in 1918.

Another is a soldier of the 370th regiment (colored). This reconstruction will be a work in progress as I am having a hard time finding all the French gear "he" needs.

Good idea about an all encompassing view of the display room. I should be able to do that. Try to get that up here tomorrow as well...

Thanks again, Johan....

Glenn

I will post when I start getting some Great War items and I am looking forward to seeing your WWII stuff as well

-Dave

Dave,

Great! Look forward to that. I can never see enough of this...

I may get to the WWII displays this weekend if I am lucky...

G

This is my reconstruction of a US Cavalryman, circa 1918.

Besides the typical specific items of a cavalryman of the period, this figure wears a woolen jerkin as these were typical of mounted troops.

He also wears a 1907 winter hat of the later pattern.

post-92682-0-61629500-1409247063.jpg

This is a reconstruction of an Artillery Officer, 1917.

Typical trappings for an officer with the addition of a private purchase swivel revolver holster and 1917 revolver pouch.

Also added a 1910 haversack.

You may notice the 2-tone overseas cap matches both the coat and greatcoat...

post-92682-0-03551800-1409251894.jpg