TrenchRat's collection - Revisited

TrenchRat

Good day all.

I had posted images of my collection some time ago as I was in the process of building a display room. My intention was not to show all that much at that time since the room was a bit of a mess, but I got a bit carried away by all the nice words from you all. But, now that the room is basically done, I would like to present my collection as it should have been; in a nice clean, "professional" manner as these items deserve to be shown.

I will start with a few overall views of the room starting with my reconstructions from 1900 thru 1918. As the days pass I will add more detailed views of each figure.

All opinions are more than welcome and much appreciated.

Hope you all like it.

Glenn

This first photo is of my 1900 - 1916 group...

post-92682-0-44631700-1408974959.jpg

OUTSTANDING display.

Thanks Doyler!

This is just the beginning; a lot more to show...

TR

Wow! One of the best WWI displays on this Forum. Well done!

Awesome to hear! Thanks rvandehoef !

My collection covers the Second World War as well and I will get to that next week or so...

I must admit, I focus on the First World War more than any other.

Glenn

My reconstruction of an infantryman circa 1901.

He is simply equipped with a Krag ammo belt and bayonet (dated 1901) and typical model 1878 canteen and haversack.

The coat is the 1899 pattern and the Sun Helmet, the model 1880...

post-92682-0-79964800-1408979527.jpg

To echo what others have said, this is by far one of the best pre-ww1 and ww1 displays on the forum. Please keep the pictures coming!

Here is my reconstruction of an Artilleryman, circa 1909.

He is equipped with the model 1907 cartridge belt and suspenders, 1908 haversack, model 1878 canteen with 1903 hanger and Krag bayonet (dated 1908) for the Krag rifle he still caries.

The coat is the pattern 1902 (06) and the Sun helmet is the model 1889 (dated 1899).

post-92682-0-15651500-1408981708.jpg

post-92682-0-67763100-1408981719.jpg

To echo what others have said, this is by far one of the best pre-ww1 and ww1 displays on the forum. Please keep the pictures coming!

Thanks Colt, I will keep pouring on the photos...

TR

Please do! It's a nice, clean display!

BEAST,

Thanks, that's exactly what I am after...!

TR

Excellent work! It is hard enough getting an entirely pre-1917 set up for the M1910 equipment. Earlier is just as much fun though!

Excellent work! It is hard enough getting an entirely pre-1917 set up for the M1910 equipment. Earlier is just as much fun though!

Thanks, Doc...!

My next reconstruction also features the 1907 set, but it also includes the swivel shovel cover. It has the earlier 1904 haversack with a RIA date of 1909. This 'sack has a tan body with an OD edging. The swivel shovel cover is also RIA 1909 with the same tan body with OD edging. Having a hard time getting my hands on an early OD First Aide pouch...!

TR

I love this display and can't wait for more photos.

Well done!

RC

Hey Rusty!

Thank you. I have plenty more to show. It took a while for me to get the room "camera-ready" and now that it is, I am anxious to get it all up here.

TR