WWII Army Nurse Corps...Fighting Knife!

Mr.Jerry

I collect the WWII fighting knives that were made by the Wisconsin Vocational Schools in WWII. They are neat massive knives. Most of the ones I have are from the Vocational School in Fond Du Lac, a city about an hour North of Milwaukee at the southern tip of lake Winnebago. I have seen 2 from Fort Atkinson, about 45 min West of Milwaukee. I was finally able to buy one of the two, and to my surprise, what I thought at first glance was U.S.M.C. was actually U.S.N.C. ! So here I share my latest prize! Named to a Lt. I still need to research her, but I was quite tickled to acquire this piece that fits in to two parts of my collecting!

knife1.jpg

knife2.jpg

The FDL ones are electro pen engraved while these other ones are more photo etched off of a typed negative.

Basically it says ( I am paraphrasing ) "Presented by the America Legion Post # and the Vocational School Fort Atkinson Wisconsin"

I really really want one of them!!

I have instantly fallen for this knife...

That is a truly outstanding, beautiful knife..

I just love the profile of it...

This knife has made me excited...thank you for posting!!!

You may find some down under! The 32nd Div was from WI & MI and many of them fought In Buna & New Guinea & the Phillipenes, with Australia as a jump off point.