Early Screwback Ribbon Lapel Pins

I purchased a small lot of screwback lapel pins several months back, nice enamel early campaign ribbons I'd estimate to be from the 30's or so. Also, elsewhere, a WWII NC and a nice 30's PH. Sadly, shortly after the photo was taken I inadvertently bent the NC (only non-enamel one here), and about 1/3 of the blue paint on one side flaked off :(

101_6439.JPG

• 2 months later...

I love these, particulary the NC....I am a big fan of WW II and prior LPs so I appreciate you posting them...The Indian Wars is fantastic....I think they are underappreciated for what they represent. A great find....

• 1 year later...

Sal,

Does the DSM in the box have a label or anything on it? It looks like a super piece! The screw post lapel pins are earlier examples than the button hole examples, so a nice DSM LP. The "double award" LP is also pretty cool too. As the ribbon is a post WWII version for the Silver Life Saving, I would assume that pin is from the 1950's. I also think the LOM "ranks" the SLS. Did you just shoot the photo with the pin upside-down, or is it mounted that way?

Allan

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Just to keep this interesting thread fresh. These came to my house today. Both are screwback but SSM is missing the plate, DSC is complete.

361A55A9-8D0C-40E5-AE1B-BBB35057F8F9.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Merchant Marine DSM & China Boxer

Screenshot_20220512-134359-175.png.6077031b25e3e94a1a2d31983e3da52e.png

The DSM is actually very faint gilt.

Yes, like the medal, it's really distinctive. They put some thought into the heraldry. Here is the reverse.

Screenshot_20220512-153501-066.png.870a73d313c1ec39aed2a8ba775c22d8.png