My First A14 Oxygen Mask

mattsmilitary

mattsmilitary

Thanks to a great forum member I got this mask in trade.

Its dated 1945 and I have the box and extra pieces.

Enjoy and as always comments welcome.

post-105332-0-13146700-1408807395.jpg

post-105332-0-98938700-1408807435.jpg

Mask itself looks in good order apart from the nose strap Matt , which is a shame , looks to be missing a piece or 2 from the accessories kit ( Z KIT ), if im correct in saying

Have you a photo of the oxygen tube end please ??

LB

Nice pick up. Getting harder to find complete sets these days. Your spares pack seems to be missing the snap-on hook? Essential if you plan to display it with a flying helmet...unless the helmet happens to already have one.

post-8022-0-08660100-1408807827.jpg

mattsmilitary

I dont have that clip nor a helmet to display it with yet. What helmet would be the correct one for this mask?

Normally seen on an A11 or even the RAF C type Matt , but as they came with the z kit they could be adapted for use with most flying helmets A- 10 AN-H-15 AN-H-16 ETC

LB

Be careful when you handle it. It's not uncommon for the rubber mask to harden in places and for the thinner straps to craze and perish and therefore prone to breaking. Natural degradation after 70 years!

Thats a cool set up. Thats kinda what im going to try and do.

Thanks , it took some time finding the right C type for the right price , but i got there in the end ! :D

It was 38DRIVER that got me started on the RAF items used by 51drivers !!!

Carl

Good morning Carl,

What took you so long? From what I've seen of your magnificent collection, I thought you already had everything. Great pick up. When I finish the airborne series, I plan on taking on the USAAF. I'll be turning your way for a bit of help. I've enjoyed viewing your advances with your collection. Regards, Jack

Good morning Carl,

What took you so long? From what I've seen of your magnificent collection, I thought you already had everything. Great pick up. When I finish the airborne series, I plan on taking on the USAAF. I'll be turning your way for a bit of help. I've enjoyed viewing your advances with your collection. Regards, Jack

Jack , that is a very, very kind thing to say !! im humbled that a collector such as you has taken such an interest in my little collection thank you very much !!

I actually obtained the C type earlier in the year , i thought i had posted it on here , but must have slipped through the net !!

When ever i can help you out ,by all means give me a shout

Carl

Dan im blaming you for my now found fascination with RAF items used by the USAAF !!

LB

Carl, with your interest in the 352nd you have to include the RAF stuff. Any self respecting USAAF fighter pilot in the ETO wanted the RAF gear :)

I think if you looked at photos of the high scoring 8th AF aces they'd all have on type C helmets and more often than not RAF Mae West, flying gloves and boots