Show Your BDUs

alconlon

I saw this at the flea market last weekend and didn't buy it as the seller wanted too much money. I photographed it as I didn't know Army personnel could wear USAF qualification badges. Here you have an Army BDU with the SSI of the US Army Intelligence Center and School with a USAF Space Operations badge above the US Army tape.

post-1389-0-98894600-1540313329_thumb.jpg

Lovely BDU, dare I ask how much the seller wanted for it.

He wanted 15 dollars and I usually only pay 5 dollars unless it is a fully badged elite unit BDU like SF, Ranger, Seal, etc.

• 2 months later...

Bought two BDUs that belonged to the same sailor. I only uploaded a picture of one of them as they look identical but the patches are on different jackets. One is Naval Coastal Warfare and the other is Maritime Expeditionary Security.

Jacob

post-162535-0-31541400-1545677678.jpg

• 1 month later...

CW2 De Jesus BDU.

I found this top in a used BDU box at a surplus store outside of Ft. Bragg. I tried Googleing "CW2 De Jesus" just to see if anything would come up, since I figured the name, rank, and branch couldn't be too common. I was shocked to find a Silver Star citation linked to the 7th Group Soldier who would have been stationed at Bragg during the BDU era. Amazing heroism!

https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/29039

• 2 weeks later...
BDU_Burger_Lover

I found this top in a used BDU box at a surplus store outside of Ft. Bragg. I tried Googleing "CW2 De Jesus" just to see if anything would come up, since I figured the name, rank, and branch couldn't be too common. I was shocked to find a Silver Star citation linked to the 7th Group Soldier who would have been stationed at Bragg during the BDU era. Amazing heroism!

https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/29039

Terrific find! He must have worn that top at some point between 2004 and 2007, right when he was serving with the 7th SFG and before switching to ACUs. Definitely a keeper.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked this BDU at the flea market last weekend. I broke my limit of only paying a maximum of 5 dollars for a fully badged BDU (paid 10 dollars) after reading USAF Colonel Bob Hovde's biography on my cell phone (see link). During the Vietnam War he was a Forward Air Controller piloting a Cessna 0-2A Skymaster. He supported Det. B-52, 5th Special Forces Group who were stationed out of Nha Trang.

http://classof1964usafa.org/Hovde_Robert/history.htm

post-1389-0-21008600-1556054544.jpg

post-1389-0-75468500-1556054614.jpg

ClaptonIsGod

Have a lot of BDUs which I'll eventually sort through but posting these two since I have photos handy from IDing them earlier in the day.

1995 and 1996 dated and identified to Major General William A. Cugno, late Adjutant General of the Connecticut National Guard:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_A._Cugno

Official_Photo_of_MG_Cugno.jpg

eKQF6QF.jpg

WFsqrih.jpg

Edit: Just found this, perhaps this is the first one pictured (I'll study the pattern side by side once it's posted, but just wanted to add this while I had the window). Ok, neither of the two, but identical setup:

General-Cugno2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
BDU_Burger_Lover

Great tops! I believe that the story behind the Air Force/3rd AD shirt is that the owner was an Army AH-64 pilot during Desert Storm who was later selected for an inter-service transfer to the USAF Special Operations Command and served in both Iraq and Afghanistan during the GWOT.

• 2 months later...

I recently received a set of USMC BDUs contract SPO100-00D-****. The trousers have a strip of red felt below the cargo pockets on both legs. Does anyone know what this designates?

post-9337-0-06602500-1563411422_thumb.jpg

post-9337-0-34044000-1563411438_thumb.jpg

Marine from a landing support company, USMC mos 0481

"The red patch measures 3 in × 1 in (7.6 cm × 2.5 cm) on the trousers, worn 2.5 in (6.4 cm) below the cargo pocket, centered, and 1 in × 1 in (2.5 cm × 2.5 cm) on the front of the eight point cover, centered. "

Marine from a landing support company, USMC mos 0481

"The red patch measures 3 in × 1 in (7.6 cm × 2.5 cm) on the trousers, worn 2.5 in (6.4 cm) below the cargo pocket, centered, and 1 in × 1 in (2.5 cm × 2.5 cm) on the front of the eight point cover, centered. "

Thank you taucco for the information!

I recently received a set of USMC BDUs contract SPO100-00D-****. The trousers have a strip of red felt below the cargo pockets on both legs. Does anyone know what this designates?

Is the red stripe on the USMC BDU's related to the red stripe worn on US Army Engineer Special Brigade and 159th Trans Battn. soldiers in WW2 through Vietnam? See paragraph 3 in the following link. If someone has trousers or photos of WW2 or later soldiers wearing the stripes I would love to see them.

https://transportation.army.mil/history/documents/159th%20Term%20Bn.pdf

• 5 months later...

I found this 1991 dated BDU for 10 dollars at the flea market last weekend. It was worn by a USAFR Colonel Weaver who I'm assuming by the flight wing on the name patch is a flight surgeon. Upon checking the Internet I found two USAF flight surgeons with the last name of Weaver. There is a Colonel Frederick C. Weaver (see link) and a Colonel Dorman Weaver (see link) both of whom as USAF flight surgeons. Per the information in the link, Colonel Frederick C. Weaver was not promoted to Colonel until 2012 so unless there is a third USAF flight surgeon with this same last name this uniform probably belonged to Colonel Dorman Weaver who after retirement was elected to the 88th U.S. Congress as the Republican representative to the 24th District in Pennsylvania. What is puzzling is how this uniform ended up in California since Colonel Dorman Weaver passed away in 2003 on the east coast (Sterling, Virginia).

https://www.tyndall.af.mil/About/Biographies/Display/Article/315049/colonel-frederick-c-weaver/

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/jdweaver.htm

post-1389-0-97129000-1579640997_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-85484900-1579641016.jpg

post-1389-0-17569000-1579641277.jpg