Show Your BDUs

alconlon

BDU_Burger_Lover

post-158610-0-54666600-1434020011.jpg

Major, Aviation Corps. Has Senior Aviator Wings and United States Army Space and Missile Defense Command SSI. 100% cotton.

• 3 weeks later...

The following is my small collection of BDUs I have collected over the years. First up is a USAF BDU worn by pilot in the Eight Air Force. This Officer was Airborne qualified.

post-96084-0-51540400-1436034056.jpg

Army BDU worn by an Army Aviator. Based on the CIB on the BDU, I believe this officer was prior enlisted.

post-96084-0-03566100-1436034711.jpg

post-3656-0-78317000-1436215181.jpg

Recently got this "grouping" the only insignia that appear to have been removed are the ranks. The front one is dated 1993 on the left sleeve has a Sergeants Major Academy Patch with special forces and ranger tabs. The right sleeve has a USA SOCOM match with airborne rocker. the chest sports a master parachutist badge and is named Cushing.

The one in the back is dates 1988 and has SSI on the left sleeve which is USA SOCOM with Special Forces, Ranger and Airborne tabs.

Both are hot weather BDUs and are size small regular.

Without ranks I wouldn't even know where to start researching the individual.

BDU_Burger_Lover

attachicon.gifIMG_0720.JPG

Recently got this "grouping" the only insignia that appear to have been removed are the ranks. The front one is dated 1993 on the left sleeve has a Sergeants Major Academy Patch with special forces and ranger tabs. The right sleeve has a USA SOCOM match with airborne rocker. the chest sports a master parachutist badge and is named Cushing.

The one in the back is dates 1988 and has SSI on the left sleeve which is USA SOCOM with Special Forces, Ranger and Airborne tabs.

That's a terrific grouping. Is it just me, or there are some traces left on the collar of where the rank insignia were? Maybe their size and position could help you guess the rank of the owner? I don't know if the USASMA has a yearbook, but if it did that could be a good place to start.

The left side "shadow" on the BDUs measures 1 3/8 by 1 but, the front one also has pin holes which are about 3/4 of an inch apart.

I should probablly also make a post for the grouping, more people are likely to see it and maybe I can figure it out.

That's a terrific grouping. Is it just me, or there are some traces left on the collar of where the rank insignia were? Maybe their size and position could help you guess the rank of the owner? I don't know if the USASMA has a yearbook, but if it did that could be a good place to start.

• 1 month later...

attachicon.gifIMG_0720.JPG

With the USASMA patch I'd guess he was at the very least a Master Sergeant (MSG) and more likely a SGM (Sergeant Major) or even a CSM (Command Sergeant Major.) That should narrow down your search quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This BDU is not a high speed operator, but it is from 29th Div. and anytime I run across one of these I will pick it up. This one had pin on rank insignias. Thanks for looking.

post-10825-0-38270100-1447356845.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Here is my ROTC BDU top issued in the Fall of 1995. After this the Army went to the newer top without the side tabs and dropped the use of the right shoulder patch indicating the battalion the cadet came from. Mine is from the University of Hawaii Rainbow Warrior Battalion. The only Army ROTC unit to have a battle streamer. The batalion patch is virtually impossible to get. I also have the Ranger Challenge tab above the Cadet Command patch.

post-161546-0-38558700-1456880895.jpg

VolunteerArmoury

Here is my ROTC BDU top issued in the Fall of 1995. After this the Army went to the newer top without the side tabs and dropped the use of the right shoulder patch indicating the battalion the cadet came from. Mine is from the University of Hawaii Rainbow Warrior Battalion. The only Army ROTC unit to have a battle streamer. The batalion patch is virtually impossible to get. I also have the Ranger Challenge tab above the Cadet Command patch.

I had the institution patch on my right sleeve in the late 90s at Georgia Military College. When I graduated there I took one semester of ROTC at University of Tennessee then began my MS III year at Carson Newman College. I had a shoulder patch on my right sleeve at both. I've seen cadets were them on ACUs just last week but I know some schools that I've not seen such.