Show Your BDUs

alconlon

Awesom, thanks for sharing all of these pics! A question I have though is why 4th div SSI on a USAF BDU?

Hink, I also want to thank you for sharing your BDUs, they are just as cool as the ones MPage is sharing! I have a similar question for you, why does that navy/seabees BDU have a 1st cav SSI?

Thanks for the info Armoury, if you didn't tell me I wouldn't have known!

They are Air Force or Navy personal attached to that specific Army unit.

Yes the air force uniforms are from tactical air control parties attached to army units.

That Seabees uniform with the Cav patch is very interesting - I'd never that before.

Not sure why I felt the need to 'shop out the nametape. Anyway, the name is Newton - I found a pic online of him once, but lost it. If anyone can dig one up, I'd appreciate it.

Resolution's not the greatest but it's the only photo I took:

post-257-0-18029500-1413076055.jpg

That last ones a real beaut MPage! Do all BDUs have colored flags or no? Seems weird with all subdued everything else, and can give you away in combat, but what do I know? I'm still learning!

That last ones a real beaut MPage! Do all BDUs have colored flags or no? Seems weird with all subdued everything else, and can give you away in combat, but what do I know? I'm still learning!

I think the ones with the colour flags tend to be barracks uniforms as opposed to field uniforms.

Usually you can tell by the amount of starch and ironing that the uniform has undergone.

However during Operation Just Cause the majority of the participating American troops wore full colour flags as well as other identifiers in order to identify them from the Panama troops that had been issued US kit, including I believe PASGT helmets.

I think the ones with the colour flags tend to be barracks uniforms as opposed to field uniforms.

Usually you can tell by the amount of starch and ironing that the uniform has undergone.

However during Operation Just Cause the majority of the participating American troops wore full colour flags as well as other identifiers in order to identify them from the Panama troops that had been issued US kit, including I believe PASGT helmets.

Thanks Ewart!

Around 2001 or 2002 the Army made the Full Color Flag Mandatory for all Soldiers and used until the change out to ACUs. It was used prior to that in units in Germany that frequently rotated in and out of Bosnia and Kosovo frequently.

Wade

flashesandovals

Here's an interesting one I found in Germany.

This Captain, assigned to the 173RD ABCT, appears to have a 82ND ENG BN BOS.

Given the fact that both the 173RD STB and the 82ND ENG BN were stationed in Germany at some point I wonder if this CPT transferred from the 82ND ENG to the 173RD and just kept the old numbered BOS. Could it be common practice?

post-9154-0-46066600-1413451230.jpg

Around 2001 or 2002 the Army made the Full Color Flag Mandatory for all Soldiers and used until the change out to ACUs. It was used prior to that in units in Germany that frequently rotated in and out of Bosnia and Kosovo frequently.

Wade

Thanks!

If this jacket is all you have to go on, it will be an uphill climb. Did you get it at a surplus/goodwill store? Try a local phone book.

It could be for sevice from Grenada (83) to post Desert Storm (92) to GWOT (04). Since there is no sewn-on rank, he was probably E3-E4 when he got out (short enlistment/busted). Any E-5 and up would have sewn-on stripes.

Alan

• 2 months later...

I had never heard of "President's Hundred" 'til I saw this coat. This coat by the way was worn in the first jump into Afghanistan, as there weren't enough DCU's to go around (there's a "mustard stain" on the jump wings, although difficult to see):

attachicon.gifdscn2211.jpg

Are you certain about that? Just because the wings have the combat star on them doesn't mean they were worn on that jump.

Are you certain about that? Just because the wings have the combat star on them doesn't mean they were worn on that jump.

The veteran that I bought it from stated that he wore that particular BDU when he jumped, as there weren't enough DCU's to go around (in 3rd battalion, anyway).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is one I picked up off epay. JFK SWCS to a PFC Davila. Thought it was cool that it had the tru-spec tag in it with the GI Issue tags.

post-16540-0-13018400-1424970567.jpg

post-16540-0-47361400-1424970630.jpg

• 1 month later...