Show Your BDUs

alconlon

Cheers guys.

5 out of these 9 were found in the UK….

A lot of our vintage shops seem to get these from somewhere, I wish I knew where, and sell them as 'Army camo shirt.' And sell them ridiculously cheap. I don't think I've ever paid over £10-£15 ($16 - $20) for a camo shirt from a vintage shop here. (My CU and CCU also fall into the £15 category)

And I 100% happy these are genuine as they never labeled up for what they really are.

Here is my only BDU top from my time in the 82nd (1981-85). I did not like them and hardly wore it, preferring my old school ERDL tropical uniforms instead.

Alan

post-2741-0-42786200-1411512971.jpg

My second ERDL jacket from the 82nd, I wore this one home from Grenada as the other was ripe after two weeks in the tropics. It was also a lot cooler than the heavy BDU's a lot of guys were wearing and having heat strokes from. At least they learned their lesson and made up lightweight BDU's after this but I was out by the time they came around.

post-2741-0-60040400-1411513490.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't TACP per se, but rather an officer with the "air request net" which manages air support, at the corps level. Note XVIII Airborne patch, and master parachutist wings.

post-257-0-80113000-1412745021.jpg

I had never heard of "President's Hundred" 'til I saw this coat. This coat by the way was worn in the first jump into Afghanistan, as there weren't enough DCU's to go around (there's a "mustard stain" on the jump wings, although difficult to see):

post-257-0-49358300-1412841603.jpg

I love the jacket, I have heard of but never seen the pres's 100 tab! What unit is the SSI?

It's Training and Doctrine command; I believe the Ranger school is there.

VolunteerArmoury

It's Training and Doctrine command; I believe the Ranger school is there.

Ah ok thanks!

That is TRADOC which Ranger School falls under however it's a couple levels down & falls under the Infantry School. Last I knew they wore the Infantry School SSI with Airborne tab. That maybe changed since the brigades have been brought in several years ago. TRADOC was headquartered at Ft. Monroe during BDU times & this SSI could be seen at most any training post & probably other posts. We wore it at Ft. Jackson & I recall seeing it at Benning. In the 70s, Ranger School wore it with Airborne tab though. I'd be confident to say this wasn't worn to the Stan as shown. It could've been then worn overseas & again then after return stateside & assignment to TRADOC with the SSIs changed, CIB, & mustard stained wings added.

. . . . . . . .

attachicon.gif714e702c147f2051c832f752e80abae5.jpg

Awesom, thanks for sharing all of these pics! A question I have though is why 4th div SSI on a USAF BDU?

Here is my Navy-Army combo to add!!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Hink, I also want to thank you for sharing your BDUs, they are just as cool as the ones MPage is sharing! I have a similar question for you, why does that navy/seabees BDU have a 1st cav SSI?

That is TRADOC which Ranger School falls under however it's a couple levels down & falls under the Infantry School. Last I knew they wore the Infantry School SSI with Airborne tab. That maybe changed since the brigades have been brought in several years ago. TRADOC was headquartered at Ft. Monroe during BDU times & this SSI could be seen at most any training post & probably other posts. We wore it at Ft. Jackson & I recall seeing it at Benning. In the 70s, Ranger School wore it with Airborne tab though. I'd be confident to say this wasn't worn to the Stan as shown. It could've been then worn overseas & again then after return stateside & assignment to TRADOC with the SSIs changed, CIB, & mustard stained wings added.

Thanks for the info Armoury, if you didn't tell me I wouldn't have known!

The President's 100 is a marksmanship award.

Look it up on The Institute of Heraldry website or just Google it. It has little or nothing to do with TRADOC or Ranger School.