Patches In Action, Part 2: Images Of SSI Used Other Than On Uniforms

seanmc1114

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Fort Holabird Maryland post 1966, Holabird used to be under 2nd Army, 1st Army takes over 2nd Army's jurisdictions when 2nd Army is inactivated in 1966.

holabird.jpg

• 2 months later...

The Arkansas NG's 39th Infantry Brigade, in the Sinai we think right, in 2001 because of the United-Nations-UN-Peacekeeper-Multinational-Force insignia on the sign too, in addition these two seem to be wearing the United-Nations-UN-Peacekeeper-Multinational-Force patch on their hats, hats are not familiar to me, some kind of dark cloth wide brim ones.

LTC_Steve_Womack_and_CSM_Bill_Hogue.jpg

1970s-Sinai-United-Nations-UN-Peacekeeper-Multinational-Force.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

2nd Army and Armor Forces at Fort Knox Kentucky in the early 60s, one of what must been a couple or more signs around the post's Reception area. Again no TAB under Armor Triangle.

size0-full.jpg

U.S. Army Central patch featured on a podium, yes that's what the old 3rd Army is called today. Photo taken at the unit's HQ which is oddly located on an Air Force Base, Shaw Air Base South Carolina. That's the new C.O. Ltg Ronald Clark this this past August.

LTG Ron Clark US Army Central Shaw Air Force Base, South Carolina.jpg

On 1/3/2017 at 6:48 PM, patches said:

A pair of Army patch pajamas anyone :D

post-34986-0-37428800-1483498063.jpgpost-34986-0-02866200-1483498075_thumb.jpg

These are vintage, and we recognize the design, this design with the army patches dates from at least 1973, on Christmas Eve 1973 I got along with my Evans E. Kerrigan (who passed two years ago I see) book on Military Insignia, a spiral note book to draw in that had this very design as it's cover, also see it as a kiddie bed sheet set too, a vendor at one of the Union New Jersey shows I seen used this a table cover :).

Just found this, a Quilted Jacket, a Kids one we should think, made with the same material of army Patches, of 70s vintage, cool right.

ja2.jpg

ja1.jpg

ja3.jpg

ja4.jpg

ja5.jpg