Desert Storm Trophy

doyler

Got a call a couple of weeks ago on an add I ran.The guy stated he had a couple of uniforms so I made arrangements to go look.The uniforms sounded pretty common and after speaking to the person a couple times I figured they were USMC from the late 50s early 60s.He said his brother-in-law wore them.I had asked if there were other items and he wasnt sure.He said he did have a helmet on a board.I made the trip and it was close to 50 miles one way.The uniforms were as I expected.A set of blues,greens and 4 sets f tropicals.Basic stuff and only rank insignia.No ribbons,shooting badges etc.The blues had the EGAs on the collar.

I asked about the helmet and this is what he had.

post-342-0-25531200-1408509371.jpg

Iraqi helmet from the First Gulf War...Desert Storm/Desert Shield.

Appears the Wisconsin National Guard presented this to his brother in law.He stated that the brother in law was an avid supporter of the Military and this was given in appreciation.The plaque has a wall hanger on the back and the helmet is affixed to the wooden support with a wire clothes hanger..Helmet has full liner and appears to be named to the Iraqi soldier on the underside of the brim.

post-342-0-51691900-1408510547.jpg

Is the helmet made out of a kevlar type material or something? I was looking at stuff in my fathers collection and saw a helmet which looks like yours, it was a thick plastic material with a liner inside and had arabic writing inside as well. I wonder if it is Iraqi also.

Is the helmet made out of a kevlar type material or something? I was looking at stuff in my fathers collection and saw a helmet which looks like yours, it was a thick plastic material with a liner inside and had arabic writing inside as well. I wonder if it is Iraqi also.

The helmets are a fiber type.Some are a tan type plastic.Internal suspension permanently attatched to the shell.No ballistic qualities or protection... not Kevlar.

In all likely hood it sounds like a Iraqi helmet

• 1 month later...