German Mauser with bring back paper

Jumpin Jack

post-247-0-75213800-1408470057.jpg

German Mauser pistol with holster and second magazine brought back my S/Sgt. John L. Swarts on 1 October 1945.

RustyCanteen

Very nice Jack. A pre-WWI Model 1914 I believe.

Always nice to see the original papers. It's a glimpse to the months just after the war ended and they were coming home to pick their lives back up.

RC

Corpsman_1941

vwry nice one, its Mauser M1914 pistol after modification in 1934 it was called M1914/34 or just M1934. it have uite smal calliber 6,35 or 7,65mm so I think it wasn't used in army

Very nice! I always like seeing the paperwork with bring-backs! It adds so much history to them.

My grandfather left me his Luger & holster. I inherited the house last year & was cleaning it out. I found the paperwork for it, inside his folded up war map of Italy!

RustyCanteen

vwry nice one, its Mauser M1914 pistol after modification in 1934 it was called M1914/34 or just M1934. it have uite smal calliber 6,35 or 7,65mm so I think it wasn't used in army

Correct, it is a M1914 not 1910. I have edited my post for clarity.

It is impossible to know how this one was 'captured', but it is possible it was carried as a personal sidearm by a soldier or officer. Many early M1914's were accepted by the German army in WWI.

RC

USCapturephotos

Great piece! I enjoyed seeing the detailed description on the paperwork. Some seem to be very detailed and some extremely vague depending on the officer who filled it out. Thanks for sharing!

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding! I had a dreyse awhile back that came with capture papers and the vets 1950 issued concealed carry permit. It's always a huge plus to have documentation. Otherwise it's just a story

Kurt Barickman

Very nice Jack. Rare to find the GI capture documentation with the Axis item. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Kurt Barickman